The online racing simulator
2007 LFS Forum real racing awards
(31 posts, started )
A shameless idea pinch from DWB

I suggest the following categories, add your own if you want .

These are nominations, at some point I'll put a poll up.

F1 driver of the year : Lewis Hamilton (duke_toaster, Mustafur), Kimi Raikkonen (ajp71), Sebastien Vettel (Clownpaint), Takuma Sato (ATC Quicksilver)
Non-F1 single seater of the year : Marko Amser (BF3, duke_toaster), Tristan Cliffe (Monoposto, ajp71, LFSn00b), Oliver Jarvis (A1GP/JF3, Clownpaint, ATC Quicksilver), Marco Ardigo (KF1 Karting, Intrepid), Timo Glock (Mustafur)
Closed wheeler driver of the year : Andy Prilaux (WTCC, duke_toaster, ATC Quicksilver), Ben Collins? (Britcar 24, niall09), Vanina "Vanilla Ice" Ickx (DTM, LFSn00b), Jamie Whincup (V8S, Mustafur)
Motorcyclist of the year : Dani Pedrosa (duke_toaster), Casey Stoner (AstroBoy, LFSn00b, Mustafur), James Toseland (ATC Quicksilver)
Privateer of the year : Mat Jackson (BTCC, duke_toaster), Williams F1 team (F1, ATC Quicksilver)
Team of the year : Super Aguri (duke_toaster, ATC Quicksilver), McLaren (ajp71), Ferrari (LFSn00b), BMW Sauber (Mustafur), 888 V8 Supercars (heson)
Golden hammer award (for best repair job on a car) : Schitzer on Farfus's car at Pau in the WTCC (duke_toaster), Top Gear at Britcar 24 Hours (ajp71, Clownpaint, ATC Quicksilver, LFSn00b)
Golden rattle award (for throwing the toys out the pram) : Fernando Alonso (duke_toaster, LFSn00b, Mustafur), Bernie Ecclestone (ajp71), Max Mosely (ATC Quicksilver),

And the big two

Golden helmet (for best overall driver of the year) : Andy Prilaux (duke_toaster, Clownpaint, ATC Quicksilver), Sebastien Loeb (DoN), Kimi Raikkionen (Mustafur), Mattias Ekström (heson)
Purple helmet (for general being a dick) : Fernando Alonso (duke_toaster, Mustafur), Lewis Hamilton (ajp71, Clownpaint), Jorge Lorenzo (ATC Quicksilver)

User submitted ones

mcintyrej - Rally driver of the year. Nominees - Marcus Gronholm (mcintyrej), Petter Solberg (ajp71, Clownpaint), Colin McRae (ATC Quicksilver), Sebastien Loeb (Mustafur)
axus - RL and LFS driver of the year. Nominees - Norbi Kiss (Porsche Supercup - axus, duke_toaster, ATC Quicksilver), Eion "GOT DENNINGED" Murray (BTCC - duke_toaster)
ajp71 - Crash of the year. Nominees - Robert Kubica at Canada F1 (ajp71, ATC Quicksilver)
J@tko - Worst paint scheme of the year. Nominees - Honda F1 (J@tko, ATC Quicksilver)
ATC Quicksilver - Comedy crash of the year. Nominees - isport GP2 team at France (ATC Quicksilver)
Its mostly single seater stuff up there, what about rally? Here's my award nomination and driver to go with it.

Rally driver of the year - Marcus GRÖNHOLM.

Some totally amazing driver from the former WRC champion, such a shame he couldn't take the title on his last season.
My ones, split off in to a separate post.

Maximum of two per category

F1 driver of the year Lewis Hamilton
Non-F1 single seater of the year Marko Asmer (British F3)
Closed wheeler driver of the year Andy Prilaux (WTCC)
Motorcyclist of the year Dani Pedrosa
Privateer of the year Mat Jackson (BTCC)
Team of the year Super Aguri
Golden hammer award (for best repair job on a car) Schnitzer - Augusto Farfus' qualifying roll at Pau.
Golden rattle award (for throwing the toys out the pram) - Fernando Alonso
Golden helmet - Lewis Hamilton
Purple helmet - Fernando Alonso, Matt Neal
#4 - axus
Real-life-and-LFS-racer of the year: Norbert Kiss. Duh.
#5 - ajp71
F1 driver of the year : Kimi Raikkonen
Non-F1 single seater of the year : Tristan Cliffe
Team of the year : Mclaren
Golden hammer award (for best repair job on a car) : Top Gear at the Britcar 24 hours
Golden rattle award (for throwing the toys out the pram) : Bernie Ecclestone

Golden helmet (for best overall driver of the year) : Kimi Raikkonen
Purple helmet (for general being a dick) : Lewis Hamilton

Best crash award: Mr Kubica in Montreal
Rally driver of the year: Petter Solberg
Quote from ajp71 :
Purple helmet (for general being a dick) : Lewis Hamilton

WTH?

Still put down anyway.
#7 - J@tko
Worst Livery: Honda F1
Best Livery: Is there still a Playboy DTM car going around?
Quote from ajp71 :
Rally driver of the year: Petter Solberg

I'm not specially interested in rally, but what has he donne thats so special? I mean, other than whining about everything.
#9 - Don
driver of the year: loeb
Casey Stoner all the way
Takuma Sato
Quote from AstroBoy :Casey Stoner all the way

Seconded without hesitation (though I've really been enjoying Guy Martin's exploits, especially at the Ulster GP this year). Casey just looked the part from the first race to the last this year: last year, six retirements; this year, never finished lower than sixth. Yeah, Casey Stoner all the way.
F1 driver of the year : Takuma Sato
Non-F1 single seater of the year : Oliver Jarvis
Closed wheeler driver of the year : Andy Priaulx
Motorcyclist of the year : James Toseland
Privateer of the year : Williams F1 team
Team of the year : Super Aguri
Golden hammer award: Top Gear at the Britcar 24 hours (only one I can think of)
Golden rattle award: Max Mosely

Golden helmet: Andy Priaulx
Purple helmet: Jorge Lorenzo (arrogant nasty person)

User submitted ones

Rally driver of the year: Colin Mcrae
RL and LFS driver of the year: Norbi Kiss
Crash of the year: Robert Kubica, Canada
Worst paint scheme of the year: Honda F1 team

I will add my own...

Most comical crash of the year: GP2 Magny-Cours Feature Race, isport team mates. http://www.veoh.com/videos/v7250238qfTkDGx
Kimi the best of all...
Closed wheeler driver of the year : The Stig for the Britcar endurance
Non-F1 single seater of the year : Marco Ardigo (KF1, KZ1/2 Karting)
F1 driver of the year : Lewis Hamilton
Non-F1 single seater of the year : um Timo Glock??Closed wheeler driver of the year : Jamie Whincup
Motorcyclist of the year : Casey stoner(duh)
Rally driver of the year:Sebastian Loeb
Privateer of the year : Lewis hamilton
Team of the year : Bmw Sauber
Golden hammer award (for best repair job on a car) : i wouldn't know
Golden rattle award (for throwing the toys out the pram) : Fernando Alonso
And the big two

Golden helmet (for best overall driver of the year) : Kimi Raikonnen
Purple helmet (for general being a dick) : Fernando Alonso
Quote from Mustafur :F1 driver of the year : Lewis Hamilton

Golden helmet (for best overall driver of the year) : Kimi Raikonnen

How can he be the best driver overall when he isn't even the best driver in the series he is racing in?
Quote from zeugnimod :How can he be the best driver overall when he isn't even the best driver in the series he is racing in?

Because he would have won if it wasn't for a tyre failiure and a gearbox problem.
But you could argue Kimi, Massa or Alonso would have walked it if it wasn't for silly mistakes or reliability problems. Or Coulthard. Or Albers. Hamilton didn't win in, and therefore cannot be the best. Simple as.
Quote from duke_toaster :Because he would have won if it wasn't for a tyre failiure and a gearbox problem.

:uglyhamme
Best Overall Diver: Mattias Ekström (DTM & RoC)
The future is bright: Marcus Ericsson (FBMW UK)
Most Promising: Alx Danielsson (WSBR 06)

Oh, you mean non Swedish drivers.... hmmm...
Rookie of the year: Hamilton (Kovalainen & Vettel gets honorable mention)
Team of the year: 888 Lowndes & Wincup (Bathurst, Sandown and a podium for both in the series)
Quote from duke_toaster :Because he would have won if it wasn't for a tyre failiure and a gearbox problem.

Whilst I think the reason for him staying out on those tires was because Bernie had told Ron he had to make the championship go down to the line I don't think there was any of that business in the last race. Hamilton simply cocked up by accidentally putting the car into neutral, it was his fault simple as that, a rookie mistake that cost a rookie the championship
Quote from heson :The future is bright: Marcus Ericsson (FBMW UK)

Add this for me please!

I saw him @ Rockingham in April and he was awesome. He came from like mid-pack right to the front really quickly.

You didn't get my point. I wasn't speaking of my own opinion.

He was nominating Hamilton for best F1 driver and Raikkönen for best driver overall and I wondered how he can be the best driver overall when he isn't even the best driver in the series he races (in HIS opinion). I just found that strange.

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG