The online racing simulator
Nos
(675 posts, started )
NO
Begone from my sight.
fpa uses a system that ups the turbo, no uk or european series that i know of use it an i say no to the idea
Why would you want NOZ!!1!one one elevenz

Is there any other reason than the fact that those Fast and Furious movies have it?
Quote from N I K I :NO

Damn straight hell no to ur FnF fanboy zomg im teh leet N2O Nos what ever.
How's about a lock?
great idea! XD
Quote from Stellios :This again

No to nitrous at all, this is a racing game not NFS. and in real life you wouldnt use nitrous on track.

Im pretty sure you are totaly wrong. Nitrous is a great power adder for the drag strip.

I say as long as we have a dragstrip, who not Nitrous? Of course it would have to be configurable for jetting, tank size, wet or dry shot, port or mani injection, etc (not that many of you would know what all that is, there are alot of very ignorant people here).

And of course, you wouldent be allowed to put a 300shot on a XRG, thats totally unrealistic.

This would go very well with my discussion of a realistic automatic transmission

Some of you guys have to realize that racing covers straight line and turns. This is a racing simulator, so it would only be fair to include drag racing too. Sure this doesent have to be implimated NOW, but I say put it on the list. Along with

Supercharging

A real automatic transmission
i don't think dtat is a good idea to use NOS in a simulations like Live For Speed .... in Live For Speed we have clean racing whit indetical cars, no stupid NOS or anything !!
cardriverx .... i newer see pro drag racers using NOS on track's
I hope ill never see NOS in Live For Speed
:doh: let's get into this again
Quote from cardriverx :I say as long as we have a dragstrip, who not Nitrous? Of course it would have to be configurable for jetting, tank size, wet or dry shot, port or mani injection, etc (not that many of you would know what all that is, there are alot of very ignorant people here).

No real point in that since we don't even have engine tuning (not yet at least, I hope - I said tuning not modding BTW).

Quote from cardriverx : Some of you guys have to realize that racing covers straight line and turns. This is a racing simulator, so it would only be fair to include drag racing too.

It should include many more types of racing, including proper drag races IMO, but certain ppl here seem to think that LFS is made exclusively for them. So since they don't like drag racing it shouldn't be in LFS. illepall

Anyway, nitrous IMO will not work too great in LFS, being a multiplayer sim mainly, not even for drag races. Adjustable turbo boost would be good tho (with more fuel consumption). Along with engine tuning...

Quote from cardriverx :A real automatic transmission

I have to say I don't see the point in that. What racing series uses auto transmissions?
I think we should have a boost button for overtaking like on F3 GP2 and Formula Palmer Audi, in oe of the cars maybe the FOX.
Quote from Hankstar :
This idea is resting in peace and so was this thread.
Nitrous oxide won't happen ... unless the developers include nitro-burning dragsters. Which is about as likely as me winning a race against Fangio.

nitro methane is not the same as nitrous oxide

and cardriverx you got to the topic of drag racing before I could

Nitrous is just another method of forced induction...boost in a bottle. Its not NOS!!!@1!! either, NOS is a brand. It would be quite fun for the drag strip to have different stages and amounts to mess with. Anywhere other than the drag strip (or on unapropriate cars) would be meaningless though.

Also, to anyone who thinks a manual transmission is instantly superior to an automatic...stop being so naive
let me think.

NOS? .......

NO.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I think we should have a boost button for overtaking like on F3 GP2

A what?

F3 != GP2

GP2 used to be F3000, an world championship distinct from F3 series which are mostly national.

I wasn't aware that any of those series had a push-to-pass feature, but then again I don't know all that much about them. Details please?
Well atleast theres one other mature person in here...

Quote from spanks :nitro methane is not the same as nitrous oxide

and cardriverx you got to the topic of drag racing before I could

Nitrous is just another method of forced induction...boost in a bottle. Its not NOS!!!@1!! either, NOS is a brand. It would be quite fun for the drag strip to have different stages and amounts to mess with. Anywhere other than the drag strip (or on unapropriate cars) would be meaningless though.

Also, to anyone who thinks a manual transmission is instantly superior to an automatic...stop being so naive

Quote from Lateralus :A what?

F3 != GP2

GP2 used to be F3000, an world championship distinct from F3 series which are mostly national.

I wasn't aware that any of those series had a push-to-pass feature, but then again I don't know all that much about them. Details please?

Well i usually watch british F3 thought GP2 was what hamilton was in and think it is different to F3 but not sure. And yeah as far as im aware i think they do palmer audi does, it has an extra boost gives you 50bhp extra for 20 seconds or something and you only use 6 during a race.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Well i usually watch british F3 thought GP2 was what hamilton was in and think it is different to F3 but not sure. And yeah as far as im aware i think they do palmer audi does, it has an extra boost gives you 50bhp extra for 20 seconds or something and you only use 6 during a race.

F3 and GP2 are most definitely not the same thing. I doubt F3 has a P2P system, and I don't think GP2 does, either, but I could be wrong on that.

FPA has it, and Champ Car has it.
Quote from spanks :Also, to anyone who thinks a manual transmission is instantly superior to an automatic...stop being so naive

go ahead and tell me in which racing case an automatic would be superior to a manual box. Or equal to.
Quote from gangster_209 :hey what if nitrous oxide was in the game but with some features like: having 2 tanks each tank fill up on each pit stop, or fill up 50% on each pit stop the choice is yours. Please put it in the game.

NFS IS YOUR SOLUTION XD!
Quote from herki :go ahead and tell me in which racing case an automatic would be superior to a manual box. Or equal to.

boosted applications, you don't lose boost when shifting

drag racing = far superior with an automatic vs a standard manual trans. Its much more consistent for bracket racing, doesn't have a clutch to fry, can do a better power brake burnout, and again, if the car is boosted.

Also, you get better launches. Even underpowered commuter cars with manual trans can spin the tires on launch with a full throttle clutch dump.

Yes, you lose about another 5 or so % in driveline efficiency

many people discredit drag racing as an actual form of racing though, so I doubt many people will even accept this logic.
Quote from spanks :boosted applications, you don't lose boost when shifting

drag racing = far superior with an automatic vs a standard manual trans. Its much more consistent for bracket racing, doesn't have a clutch to fry, can do a better power brake burnout, and again, if the car is boosted.

Also, you get better launches. Even underpowered commuter cars with manual trans can spin the tires on launch with a full throttle clutch dump.

Yes, you lose about another 5 or so % in driveline efficiency

many people discredit drag racing as an actual form of racing though, so I doubt many people will even accept this logic.

A sequential box with ingnition cut also lets you shift without losing boost. Due to lack of a clutch and having a torque converter instead you run into problems at higher powered cars, for example losing more possible torque at higher torque levels. I also doubt the better burnout capabilties of an auto tranny, I can't see a reason why that should be.
I also isn't really better for launches, if you're not being a complete retard you won't spin the tyres during a launch. The reason why your automatic doesn't spin the tyres is, because it wastes at lot of the inertia on the torque converter. So it is worse in starting than a properly handled manual box.

And drag racing (unlike drifting) is won by being faster, making it a form of racing. Even if I find it even more boring than oval racing, but that's only my kind of thinking.
Quote from spanks :Also, to anyone who thinks a manual transmission is instantly superior to an automatic...stop being so naive

Nobody said that... But they are. For ppl who didn't learn to shift from their grandmother and never tried to improve at least.

Quote from spanks :boosted applications, you don't lose boost when shifting

This can be done just the same with a manual.

Quote from spanks : drag racing = far superior with an automatic vs a standard manual trans. Its much more consistent for bracket racing, doesn't have a clutch to fry, can do a better power brake burnout, and again, if the car is boosted.

Actually a few auto transmissions are more durable than certain manuals. I agree they're also more consistent, and they're also easier on high powered cars where controlling the car is a job on it's own. But manuals are faster in smaller categories.

Quote from spanks :Also, you get better launches. Even underpowered commuter cars with manual trans can spin the tires on launch with a full throttle clutch dump.

Hmm... Not on the dragstrip. Underpowered cars will even have difficulty starting IRL. And again, you must have learned from your grandmother to launch full throttle with just a clutch dump.

Quote from spanks :Yes, you lose about another 5 or so % in driveline efficiency

I assume you're talking about the auto?

Quote from spanks :many people discredit drag racing as an actual form of racing though, so I doubt many people will even accept this logic.

Uhm... So it isn't a racing form??? And it's furthermore discredited to be called that? What is it, a circus? It is you who discredits it my friend. Just so you know, drag racing is an official FIA championship.
F3 deffo doesn't have a power boost system. Neither does GP2.

However A1GP, ChampCar and FPA do have them.

Maybe we could have nitrous oxide in a drag car if it would be realistic, but ONLY in the drag car.

As for power boost systems, only if we get a CCWS type car or a FPA type thing. Not in the current cars, thank you.

Nos
(675 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG