The online racing simulator
recomended internet speeds
(4 posts, started )
hey all,

just looking for a bit of advice i seem to get lag/juddering when playing sometimes more than others depends on tracks and number of cars as far as i can tell, this happens both online and off, most of the time i miss the start of races or midway through corners.
just wondering if my internet speed would have anything to do with it currently running bigpond b/band 256/64 (ozzie b/band aparently is like 2 cans and a peice of string!!!)was wondering if upping it to the next level 1500/256 would help?
also would this help with getting onto more online races as i try heaps but always get its unable to get 'track info'.
i am using a toshiba satellite pro laptop running xp, celeron m, graphics by ATI 32bbp 1024x768, its 40gb (23gb spare), 1.40ghz, 192mb ram.
i have read people have been told to download lfs i only upgraded from demo to s2 this past week although first downloaded maybe 6months ago or more i think it was alpha x.

any help would be great as i'm loving lfs just not the juddery lag and accidents that cant be helped!!

cheers

matt

less than 6hr till 2008!!!
Offline would be your computer.

Try to avoid american servers online, Im using 256/56 aswell (Currently shaped to 64k -.-)

When playing on american servers, Theres no real difference from dial-up to 1500/256, I have tried both.

Dialup on aussie servers is fine, You will often find people in ProRacingRoom#1 (Ran by OoCR.Ninja) This is an aussie server.

Also look for servers with UNDER 100ms.

EDIT: 192mb ram. What the hell?

EDIT2: To help us out more, Go Start> Run> Type DXDIAG and press enter. Once the window comes up, Click save all information, and post it here.
thanks for the quick reply,
heres the info you think will help

cheers

matt
Attached files
DxDiag.txt - 41 KB - 212 views
This could be the reason you miss the start of races.

Page File: 453MB used, 270MB available

I'll edit in more when i finish reading the dxdiag.txt.

EDIT: Ok, I think your only problem is your RAM (aka, Page file). Your CPU should run LFS just fine. You should try running less programs, or upgrading your ram.

My computer can run LFS No problem with max settings. Check out the RAM ect (You need about a 1gig and a cpu over 2.2ghz to run LFS smoothly.
Attached files
DxDiag.txt - 27.2 KB - 500 views

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG