The online racing simulator
LFS stalls and sound cracks when somebody joins the race
Heya.

I've been away for quite some time and actually never had any serious problems until now. Every time someone (pits and re-) joins the race my LFS stalls for a fraction of a second (anywhere inbetween 100 and 500 ms, I guess) and the sound makes a short crack, probably due to LFS taking that short break. Also FF sometimes turns off during that period. This makes up for some serious interference as I usually go crash in turns or tight situations.

My machine profile is Win2k SP4, Athlon XP [email protected] 2048MB RAM, Radeon 9100, SB!Live. My drivers are up to date (well, the SB!Live is "end of service life" heh). Nothing running in the background that could possibly interfere with LFS, I have my AV turned off even. I know this has been an issue in the far past when I didn't have any problems :P

/edit: Since LFS has been known to be sensitive with overclocking, it didn't help setting the multiplicator back to 11.5, for the notes.
The same thing happens to me and I even dare to think that it's a common problem, yet to be solved, hopefully. I haven't found a remedy for it unfortunately.
#3 - Wakey
Me to
I dont get the "crack" put it always stutters for a split second when someone leaves/enters the pit.
I have had LFS since the begining of time and it has onlly just started happening
This thing started when they changed the way skins are downloaded I think. It happens to me when someone joins the track for the first time. Pretty sure its the same for everyone.
It happens to me *all* the time, not when a skin is being downloaded only. Every time someone joins the race really. Regardless of the server being crowded or just a few people online.
i have the same problem.. but some times when i press F9 or F10... and it pauses like 2 seconds....
i have a similar problem too, happens randomly to me though, just about 2 or 3 times a lap, very annoying. not sure if that has to do with lfs, im nearly guessing its the new nvidia driver...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG