The online racing simulator
Pit / Spectate Option
(16 posts, started )

Poll : Should we have a "Option" to continue after pressing shift + p or shift + s?

No
Yes
Pit / Spectate Option
I thought lfs would be much better if I pressed shift + p or shift + s and it asks "Are you sure u want to pit/spectate?" with a "Continue" and a "Cancel" button.

With these abilities...
Mouse click on "Continue" or "Cancel"
Enter = Continue
Esc = Cancel

I think this would be really helpful because I have found myself accadently pressing shift + p (Pit) instead of shift + o (Options) and shift + s (Spectate) instead of shift + a. And also just accadently pressing shift + p by "human default".

This is even worse if u are on a cruise server because u get a massive fine!!!

I was thinking something like the picture I attached...

P.S. Thankyou for taking the time to read this
Attached images
Pit or Spectate.jpg
On a racing server the time you need to click the additional "OK" could decide between a massive pile-up or no crash at all.

So -1.
Quote from zeugnimod :On a racing server the time you need to click the additional "OK" could decide between a massive pile-up or no crash at all.

So -1.

True, but... Pressing the enter button?
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :True, but... Pressing the enter button?

It's basically the same as clicking OK, isn't it?

And is it that much of a problem if you land in the pits instead of the option menu? Just pit out and press Shift + O again. Or go to the options via "Esc".
I say remove the "pit" function when you are moving as a whole.

I say you have to stop before you can use the pit, or spectate functions.
Because whenever I'm in a race, I can predict much better where someone is going to land up when they crash in front of me, than when they decide to shuffle around, and then press shift - p to get off the track.

Not only is it not real, it is annoying as crap because people do weird things, rather than let the accident.. happen.
Quote from zeugnimod :It's basically the same as clicking OK, isn't it?

And is it that much of a problem if you land in the pits instead of the option menu? Just pit out and press Shift + O again. Or go to the options via "Esc".

If you are on a cruise server the damage is already done
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :If you are on a cruise server the damage is already done

what needs to be done is to enable it to be writen into the insim so its its an option to have it or not decided by the host ... rgds joe
Quote from joelbarton1987 :what needs to be done is to enable it to be writen into the insim so its its an option to have it or not decided by the host ... rgds joe

now why didn't I think of that?

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

(I should have put it in the improvement suggestions in the cruise server that I got on)
#9 - ajp71
Quote from XCNuse :I say remove the "pit" function when you are moving as a whole.

I say you have to stop before you can use the pit, or spectate functions.

Agree completely, I'd like a 3 second count down after becoming stationary before you can pit or spectate, it would make people slow down for obstructions and reduce the total number of accidents and increase realism no end rather than the ridiculous attitude some drivers and servers take of 'WTF why didn't you press shift + S in time? What you expect me to slow down for a yellow flag and steer round striken cars?'
I'd like to see it changed.

Jump to pits should be axed completely, but reversing in to a garage should allow you to get to that screen.

Spectate should only be allowed when the car is stationary and, of course, it should need to be recovered. It would need a safety car if the car is in the middle of the track, or maybe a red flag if the whole track is blocked. The car would be pushed (by marshals, visible or not) to the runoff and moved by a crane over the wall or put somewhere.

Of course, if the car is parked up in a sensible place like a wall it would be able to be picked up by a crane.

I mentioned crane, but it could be a tilt and slide or something, cranes are just used for F1.
Quote from duke_toaster :
Jump to pits should be axed completely, but reversing in to a garage should allow you to get to that screen.

Spectate should only be allowed when the car is stationary and, of course, it should need to be recovered. It would need a safety car if the car is in the middle of the track, or maybe a red flag if the whole track is blocked. The car would be pushed (by marshals, visible or not) to the runoff and moved by a crane over the wall or put somewhere.

...back on planet earth... this is an online racing sim and having a safety car or red flag for every obstruction would be too frustrating and isn't realistic anyway. I'd rather the cars just disappeared after a crash than were moved by invisible marshals which would look really silly. As for reversing into the garage, firstly the visibility in racing cars is horrendous you can't see a thing trying to park them (far far worse than the new levels of visibility people are moaning about) and secondly reverse gears on racing gearboxes are very weak and most people choose to push a car if it has to be moved backwards anywhere other than stuck in the middle of the track. That applies to single seaters and GT cars with racing sequential and H-gate gearboxes.
Don't change it...

I mean, you don't want massive pile-ups ok?

as for cruise servers, you are cruising, why not use the menu by pressing escape... you are cruising anyways so no need for fast things or shortcuts.
#13 - wark
-1—not fast enough. An option for an option, if anything.
Quote from Zoom_Boom :i vote no because it's quicker if we don't' have em. plus i haven't made a mistake like that yet. some times the "shift+<button>" won't even work for me. i have to push it multiple times.

that would be server lag
demo racer? hmm...

Quote from BlakjeKaas :Don't change it...

I mean, you don't want massive pile-ups ok?

as for cruise servers, you are cruising, why not use the menu by pressing escape... you are cruising anyways so no need for fast things or shortcuts.

I wonder if the cruise servers can disable the shortcut?
Nope... they can't
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :that would be server lag
demo racer? hmm...

I wonder if the cruise servers can disable the shortcut?
Nope... they can't

It's more for yourself...

Why would you use shift+o etc. if you can also use escape...

I mean you are cruising, why would you want to be in the menu 1 sec. faster if you can lose your car that way?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :It's more for yourself...

Why would you use shift+o etc. if you can also use escape...

I mean you are cruising, why would you want to be in the menu 1 sec. faster if you can lose your car that way?

I have found I do it automaticaly... anyway, just an idea

Pit / Spectate Option
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG