The online racing simulator
Snow! Already...
(170 posts, started )
All melted again. Looks like it's going to be first no snow new year that I've seen. :sadbanana
Quote from deggis :All melted again. Looks like it's going to be first no snow new year that I've seen. :sadbanana

10 years ago, it was -30C at this time of year and pretty lot of snow, global warming is not this quick, something else
Quote from deggis :All melted again. Looks like it's going to be first no snow new year that I've seen. :sadbanana

What, you are not going to drink yourself unconscious?

This warm weather is ridiculous though. We had +4 or 5 yesterday, in December! It should be like -10! I hope it gets colder as promised for the new year. Some snow wouldn't hurt either.

Quote from JTbo :10 years ago, it was -30C at this time of year and pretty lot of snow, global warming is not this quick, something else

Yes, they say this happens few times in a century. It's a temporary odd in weather, like having -30 sometimes, not climate change.
Quote from Blackout :What, you are not going to drink yourself unconscious?

Well even if you don't see the snow, you feel the lack of it when you fall down.
You can go out with only sweater on.

F*cking 4:20 (lallallallallaa) and 5.4c warm. Should be the coldest part of night but noooo.

Maybe we`ll get some white stuff on the ground in January
Quote from Qvarnis :You can go out with only sweater on.

F*cking 4:20 (lallallallallaa) and 5.4c warm. Should be the coldest part of night but noooo.

Maybe we`ll get some white stuff on the ground in January

I remember when rainy day at summer was 10-15C, but now it seems that soon that is warm day at winter, sucks indeed, why it can't be warm or cold, not this kind of between weather
Well we had the best white christmas here since ages. Cant remember i had such a white christmas in my life time. Was jogging on christmas eve in deep fresh snow. Was quite cool

Now its raining and warm again
Quote from harjun :in Hertfordshire its quite cold, -4 in the morning, then goes upto around 5 celcius mid-day. Its been really frosty for 3 days, hope it snows someday around Christmas . I remember Last year, it snowed in March lol

Snow in march is nothing... where I live it snowed in april once!
Quote from JO53PHS :Snow in march is nothing... where I live it snowed in april once!

I can't remember having a white Xmas here.....

P.S You have a PM!
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
This was Consett at 9:50 this morning.

Both cars had no snow on them last night, we had about 8-10cm fall yesterday, plus another 4cm (ish) overnight.

Makes the roads good fun
Attached images
snow.jpg
Your so lucky

We had about two flakes of snow
Bastards... we have -15 degrees and no snow, it's rather weird.
Wh00t. Snowing in Norn Iron!
More snow, anyone?

All of it fell in less than 3 hours...

This is the main road into the middle of Consett... My car was sideways going down it on my way home for lunch. Under the snow is pure black ice.

Got a coating of slush now just over the river in Scotswood.
Good thing I have a woolly hat for smoking outside
We got some snow/slush/partly frozen water last night. Pic somewhat related.

Just heard the roads from Consett to Newcastle and Consett to Durham are shut, plus the A68 is closed for a 30 mile stretch! :o
You lucky bastard. We had snow for like 3 days, then it was gone. Guess thats all the snow we will have all this winter
Before it was snow from desember to april, now we`re lucky if we get 1 week with snow, in total, of those months
Nothing here. Weather forecast said heavy snow! What do we get? A FULL day of rain. Though it made playing hide and seek at lunch very ammusing, I must say.
In Salford all we have is wind and rain

It would be so nice to get some snow for once, I really want a reason to wear my Westbeach trousers
Boooo...

Its been raining solidly here for about 4 days now. I went down to look at the river in Didsbury an hour or so ago, and what's usually a 10 foot wide meandering stream with banks 15 foot high is a surge flowing faster than I can run, only about 6 inches from the tops of the banks in places. if we get any more rain we're going to have some serious flooding in south Manchester, as a lot of the land is now *below* the level of the river. Not many houses, luckily (its mostly a golf course), but there are some.
The current flood watch status for Greater Manchester:

Lower River Irwell catchment including areas in Greater Manchester
Received at: 10:12 on 21-Jan-2008
Location: The Lower River Irwell catchment also includes the Rivers Irk and Medlock, Wince and Worsley Brooks and their tributaries.

link.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The current flood watch status for Greater Manchester:

Lower River Irwell catchment including areas in Greater Manchester
Received at: 10:12 on 21-Jan-2008
Location: The Lower River Irwell catchment also includes the Rivers Irk and Medlock, Wince and Worsley Brooks and their tributaries.

link.

Is Old Trafford at risk? (HOPEFULLY!!!) If it got flooded, it could be called "The Theatre of WET Dreams"!!
Hehe.. you're out of luck I'm afraid. The river (well, the canal) there is down in a trench and would have to rise a ridiculous amount before it even got close.

Although my office is right opposite and I'd get the day off work too if it did

Snow! Already...
(170 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG