The online racing simulator
Place New Pitstops anywhere on track
i was wondering in patch Y or something will it be possible to Create Pitstops anywhere on track? this would be good for Autocross and some cruise servers.
but EXTREAMLY arcadish, which alot of people dont want
Quote from cherylanne :i was wondering in patch Y or something will it be possible to Create Pitstops anywhere on track? this would be good for Autocross and some cruise servers.

There is only 1 place to pit and thats the pits, Have u ever seen touring cars or f1 pull up on side of track and do a tire change, coz ive never seen it. Plus its a racing sim.
You guys seem to have missed that he meant this suggestion (as far as I can tell) to be mainly for the autox arena. I for one would wholly support this addition, as it'd be great for the MRT Cup that the League of the Americas is putting on right now, and for any other serious racing (with custom layouts) that people would want to do on the carpark, etc.

I would NOT want to see it extended to the permanent circuits, though.
#5 - Lible
Yes, but on AU1/BL3(/AU3) ONLY
ok only on autocross tracks
+1 for AutoX
Quote from MAGGOT :+1 for AutoX

+1 again here for autoX

And, i allso think there should be a pit stop made here on this part of aston (see pictures) so that there can be another combination a bit like aston cadet, a small combination but really good since i played aston iv allways thaught it would make a brilliant combination
Attached images
track selection.jpg
skyview.jpg
pitstop.jpg
+1 for AutoX

Pit stops aren't part of autosolo, why should they be in LFS?
#11 - DeKo
Quote from duke_toaster :-1

Pit stops aren't part of autosolo, why should they be in LFS?

because we dont use AU1 solely for autosolo tbh. Most of the autox things are either city driving or league races, where you have a less than ideal "rest infield" where you go and reset your car, but pits would be well better.

+1 from me for autox.
+ 1 why not
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You guys seem to have missed that he meant this suggestion (as far as I can tell) to be mainly for the autox arena. I for one would wholly support this addition, as it'd be great for the MRT Cup that the League of the Americas is putting on right now, and for any other serious racing (with custom layouts) that people would want to do on the carpark, etc.

Why are you doing pitstops in a Formula Student it's hardly realistic is it. I'd be for the inclusion of a pit area on the autocross but only for cars that are able to do long runs and refuel IRL (ie. not for the MRT, FBM or FOX)
Quote from ajp71 :Why are you doing pitstops in a Formula Student it's hardly realistic is it. I'd be for the inclusion of a pit area on the autocross but only for cars that are able to do long runs and refuel IRL (ie. not for the MRT, FBM or FOX)

MRTCC was a while ago, but we let people pit to fix damage. You would come in and request a pit, press space bar to get a new car and off you went. Hardly realistic true. But much more fun due to having less damaged, already twitchy cars on track.

How realistic is long runs on an autocross track? Usually have to drive to the gas station.
I'm not sure it'd be workable. Especially in the future when we're likely to have pit crews assigned to each box and the like.

But I like the idea of Jimmy's track there. Aston Sprint 1, no?
Im all for that small Aston config thats awsome, and some inclusion of the pit in AutoX is pretty alright. Dont know if it would improve just be more convinient.
Yes but for Autocross and Blackwood Car Park only

On normal tracks the pits should stay where they are or it would just be silly.
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :+1 again here for autoX

And, i allso think there should be a pit stop made here on this part of aston (see pictures) so that there can be another combination a bit like aston cadet, a small combination but really good since i played aston iv allways thaught it would make a brilliant combination

+1 for that suggestion

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG