The online racing simulator
Bouncing rev limiter
(34 posts, started )
Bouncing rev limiter
...just an idea...

Is is posible to get "bouncing" rev limiter like in real car. In LFS revs just "stay" at limit. IRL my rev bounce at the end and you get that "cutting" sound (hard to describe) =)

Dont know if it was allrealy posted...
you mean like in gt4, when you come to the high speed, then its electronic locked and it jumps back some kmh?
hmmmm If and when I hit my revlimiter my revs don't bounce. (IRL)
IRL mine does but what else do you wanna add, They can only do so much at a time, What next:

Engine fully blows if held on the limiter.
Smoke from engine damage like forza.
Differential damage.
Topfuelers for the drag strip.

I see what your saying but alot of people winge about the small things instead of seeing how far the game has come and it still has far to go.
agreed
Quote from Trev084 :Smoke from engine damage like forza.

Yeah, because ALL ENGINE DAMAGE creates smoke... right?
Quote from wheel4hummer :Yeah, because ALL ENGINE DAMAGE creates smoke... right?

it does to forza fans... it said to be a "sim racing" game xD rofl

Anyway i dont see so big work on a simple but effective detail like the one ru7 is asking. I know the name of this, but just in spanish , since im not very good with english technical terms yet. Efective because it will add some more realistic feeling to the game as they cut the ROM range now ^^
Quote from Patussay :it does to forza fans... it said to be a "sim racing" game xD rofl

The only reason the devs haven't implemented flames is because Caparo won't let them put the T1 in LFS!
:ices_rofl, that car always finishs made a fireball . I think Jeremy Clarkson was sooo lucky
hmm mine doesnt do that.
So, what you basically want is a rev limiter that does 'Watatatatatatatat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'? I guess changing the sound would do it...
how about remove the limiters and let people blow the engine
None of my cars have one irl.. But you go too high and get valve float then a blown engine if you stay there.
what u mean is a mechanical rev limiter, what lfs does now sounds like an eletric limiter....and yeah i would love one of those "waatatata" mechanical limiters in lfs especially on fzr and xrt
Quote from wheel4hummer :Yeah, because ALL ENGINE DAMAGE creates smoke... right?

Read my post again, I said what do people want next, I was being sarcastic.
+1

+1

I hate the rev. limiter which we have at moment.
Why? It limit the revs. Just change gear...
It's not that unrealistic really. Some cars have daft bouncy ones, others have nicer smooth-cut ones. It just so happens the LFS cars have smooth-cut limiters at the moment.

Change gear at the proper time and you'll never notice anyway.
That's pretty much like saying they don't need to update the damage model, because you should just keep the car on the track.

I really don't know what the limiter should sound like anyway, it just doesn't seem right.
Cheap limiters bounce, so the revs DROP, costing you a lot of time and a lot of speed. Decent limiters hold you at the maximum permitted revs, meaning you lose time, but not speed (though you don't continue to gain speed of course).

Yes, I agree. The damage model doesn't NEED improving because the aim is to avoid crashing. If it was destruction derby it would be very important.

Don't crash and change gear at the right time (takes about 20 seconds to learn these skills) and LFS will be three times as good for you
Thats the prob, you may not notice that you have reached the limiter.

Bouncing rev limiter
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG