The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 Warranty
(20 posts, started )
Logitech G25 Warranty
Sorry if this has already been asked

If I buy a new Logitech G25 from ebay will it still have a 1 year warranty with it?
Depends on the seller. If it's used then don't count on a warranty, but if it's new you might get something. But from what I've heard, the G25 is pretty durable, and I have a Logitech momo and it's worked for about 4 years now.
Quote from JO53PHS :Sorry if this has already been asked

If I buy a new Logitech G25 from ebay will it still have a 1 year warranty with it?

Warranty starts the day it's bought. If you buy it from a retailer (dunno if those sell by ebay, at least here they do via local web auction) it will, but if you buy it from a consumer, the warranty is stated on the warranty recipe.

OT: I finally ordered my G25 today, and got a 2-year warranty with it!
But what I've heard, theres a good chance for the shifter to break...
#4 - ajp71
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Depends on the seller. If it's used then don't count on a warranty, but if it's new you might get something. But from what I've heard, the G25 is pretty durable, and I have a Logitech momo and it's worked for about 4 years now.

A quick look on the hardware forum will quickly tell you the shifter isn't reliable, the rest of it though seems pretty well built and reliable and recent past performance seems to be positive as well, not many reports of broken DFPs
So how long is the G25's warranty... 1 or 2 years?

And i've heard that Logitech are quite good with the warranty and will most likely replace something if it breaks...
Quote from frokki :OT: I finally ordered my G25 today, and got a 2-year warranty with it!

From what I've read it's one of three easy fixes anyways. My warranty is up, so I've gotta fix mine myself now... I'll get around to it at some point...
Can you buy just the individual parts, a la, the shifter it is breaks?
#8 - troy
Quote from RatzMilk :Can you buy just the individual parts, a la, the shifter it is breaks?

not from logitech, so no. i guess you could fiddle around yourself but then the warranty is gone, aslong your in the 2 years warranty when breaking your shifter you will get a complete new wheel from logitech if you phone/email there support.
Quote from frokki :Warranty starts the day it's bought. If you buy it from a retailer (dunno if those sell by ebay, at least here they do via local web auction) it will, but if you buy it from a consumer, the warranty is stated on the warranty recipe.

OT: I finally ordered my G25 today, and got a 2-year warranty with it!

Just dont be rough with it!
Meh I've had mine 6 months now, and at first I was scared of how fragile the shifter felt in comparison with the rest of the wheel... I can say I don't SLAM the shifter from gear to gear, but I can't say that I am always easy on it... I think its more durable then you would think, but that doesn't mean try to break it... About the warranty, it will depend on whether the seller has the warranty to give you.
Well, I am on my second G25. I had the reverse gear go on me. It showed sixth gear in sixth and reverse. After a bit of a run around, I finally got an RMA from Logitech. They totally agreed that the shifter was broken. Unfortunately, they wanted the whole wheel, pedals and shifter back for replacement.... at MY cost for shipping. I live in Western Canada, and Logitech is in California. 30 some Canuck bucks later, I agreed to ship.(Overnight shipping was more than the cost of the wheel). They eventually sent me a brand new wheel, all very nice, but the reverse gear died with a month.
I'm not sending it back...if I want an h-shifter, it's gonna be a 5 gear transmission. All that negativity aside, it is the best wheel I've had.... bar none! That list includes the thrustmast t1 (elastic band centering), the red Momo, and the black Momo, which is my backup still.
#12 - Gunn
Quote from Kencan :Well, I am on my second G25. I had the reverse gear go on me. It showed sixth gear in sixth and reverse. After a bit of a run around, I finally got an RMA from Logitech. They totally agreed that the shifter was broken. Unfortunately, they wanted the whole wheel, pedals and shifter back for replacement.... at MY cost for shipping. I live in Western Canada, and Logitech is in California. 30 some Canuck bucks later, I agreed to ship.(Overnight shipping was more than the cost of the wheel). They eventually sent me a brand new wheel, all very nice, but the reverse gear died with a month.
I'm not sending it back...if I want an h-shifter, it's gonna be a 5 gear transmission. All that negativity aside, it is the best wheel I've had.... bar none! That list includes the thrustmast t1 (elastic band centering), the red Momo, and the black Momo, which is my backup still.

Don't bother dealing with Logitech in the US, they're a useless and lazy lot. They screwed me around for ages concerning my Momo, so I contacted the Europe office and told them how pathetic the US office was, and I was treated very well with prompt service and useful advice. Since then I have had other contacts with the European guys and they have always been marvelous. They don't make weak excuses, they answer your mail, and they get on with customer service with no fuss. They also know their products.
Quote from Kencan :Well, I am on my second G25. I had the reverse gear go on me. It showed sixth gear in sixth and reverse. After a bit of a run around, I finally got an RMA from Logitech. They totally agreed that the shifter was broken. Unfortunately, they wanted the whole wheel, pedals and shifter back for replacement.... at MY cost for shipping. I live in Western Canada, and Logitech is in California. 30 some Canuck bucks later, I agreed to ship.(Overnight shipping was more than the cost of the wheel). They eventually sent me a brand new wheel, all very nice, but the reverse gear died with a month.

My reverse gear gave up within a full month in a half.I send an email to logitech but they NEVER answered.Thats how lazy they are.I didnt even bother to see the whole damn wheel in!Now i have a shifter with no reverse but meh,I just use the R button on the keyboard .
Quote from Gunn :Don't bother dealing with Logitech in the US, they're a useless and lazy lot.

My experience could not have been more different. My brand new (Christmas present) G25 has no FF, and Logitech has arranged a DHL pickup this afternoon, and have promised to ship me a new one, all at their expense. Perhaps I've just been lucky, but I've been impressed by how anxious they've been to make this right.
Have fun,
Steve
Quote from JO53PHS :So how long is the G25's warranty... 1 or 2 years?

And i've heard that Logitech are quite good with the warranty and will most likely replace something if it breaks...

Officially in the UK, it's a 1 year warranty. It's 2 years in the rest of Europe.

However my last DFP developed an intermittent fault relating to supplying power to the ffb motor just after it was one year old. Logitech just replaced the entire thing at their expense, which is great service. Whatever flaws there may be with their products, Logitech's support and service appears to be unmatched.
Quote from STROBE :Officially in the UK, it's a 1 year warranty. It's 2 years in the rest of Europe.

However my last DFP developed an intermittent fault relating to supplying power to the ffb motor just after it was one year old. Logitech just replaced the entire thing at their expense, which is great service. Whatever flaws there may be with their products, Logitech's support and service appears to be unmatched.

So if I buy a G25 in France... I get a 2 year warranty.

But if something breaks I have to speak to french people... hmm
I saw a Logitech G25 here but what is meant by the RTB period?? (under the warranty tab)
#18 - Jakg
Return
To
Base

I think it means it's up to you to get it to the place if you want it repaired/replaced.
Ok thanks
[off topic] Wow - You put a link to the Beginner's Cup in your sig. Free advertising! [/off topic]

Logitech G25 Warranty
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG