Modifying g25 paddle's
(8 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Modifying g25 paddle's
As I have a spare g25 as I had to get a replacement a couple of months ago as my shifter broke, I am wanting to make my spare peddles into a realistic set of peddles in a car position but I don't want to open them up and start messing around with them without knowing what I should be doing.

I am wanting to do this as, I want the realistic feel and to make heel,toe easier like in a racing car where when you have the brake 50% engaged, the throttle wont be engaged at all so it makes in easier to blip the throttle, ( I know I may not of typed this in a very understandable way but my grammer isn't the best)

So all your help will be very helpful.
#3 - sam93
cheers.

I know there is that mod but I would like to put decent springs in the peddles to make the peddles a bit more harder to push down to what they currently are so they are more realistic, what act labs springs do you recommend me to use, I am thinking about one of these to make them more adjustable, heres the link http://www.act-labs.com/scripts/proddetails.asp?Pid=920 , just don't know what springs to get.

Edit: That link to the mod just gives more of a aggressive feel to the brake, as well as that I want to put the peddles in a real life position as they would be in a car. Like the peddles in this picture of Rotatox's rx7 cockpit build., http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6638/15122007532pu9.jpg
Seriously mate - I use that mod, it gives you all the feel you need, and you really don't want or need to press any harder.

It also feels exactly like a real brake - as it says, you can only use it in a strong race frame.

Still its your cash, and its for you to make the choice - good luck
#5 - sam93
Quote from Polyracer :Seriously mate - I use that mod, it gives you all the feel you need, and you really don't want or need to press any harder.

It also feels exactly like a real brake - as it says, you can only use it in a strong race frame.

Still its your cash, and its for you to make the choice - good luck

I know, but as I only paid for one of my G25's as I got a replacement from logitech, because my first G25's shifter broke, so I still have the one with the broken shifter still with the plugs (Yes they did ask me about 4 months ago when I got the replacement to send the plugs back, but they obviously aren't bothered about the plugs as they would of kept on sending me emails) and I have the one in complete working order, I wont be using the peddles off of the replacement, I will be using the ones off of the old one, as there is nothing wrong with those peddles.

Any way I don't have a strong racing frame, I will be building the frame just for the peddles what will have pieces of wood screwed into the wall so the peddles cant move. In a few years when I have enough money I will be building a proper cockpit, with a real dashboard in it with working gauges.
#7 - sam93
Just like it, cheers for that mate.

Anyone who knows if the spacing of the peddles in a race car and in a normal day to day car are the same could you please tell me, if they are not the same could you give me the spacing measurements between in each peddle in a racing car please.

Also please could anyone give me an answer to my spring question because I don't know how better the act labs springs are then the logitech springs or the other way round, is the A1 second stage linkage any good or not? I don't know if this would be better so then I can get the right feel I want to the brake peddle.
#8 - sam93
Quote from sam93 :Anyone who knows if the spacing of the peddles in a race car and in a normal day to day car are the same could you please tell me, if they are not the same could you give me the spacing measurements between in each peddle in a racing car please.

Anyone?

Quote from sam93 :Also please could anyone give me an answer to my spring question because I don't know how better the act labs springs are then the logitech springs or the other way round, is the A1 second stage linkage any good or not? I don't know if this would be better so then I can get the right feel I want to the brake peddle.

Anyone?

Modifying g25 paddle's
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG