The online racing simulator
...worried
(32 posts, started )
In short, no
ah. o well
I know its a bit pointless - ive only been racing for a week or two, but is it possible to find out where i'm ranked overall?

On lfs world i can only find top 50, and i'd like to know how 'good' i am so far(t). hehe

also, (Shibbyman666) my wheel, ( http://www.ciao.co.uk/click.php/c2pid/5393026 ), was meant to arrive by the 21st Dec, but still hasnt. upon emailing and getting iritated i've found out its comeing on the 3rd Jan or later.... darn "royal" mail.... grrrr....keyboard playing is horrid :P ...
#29 - JTbo
Quote from james_bskt :I know its a bit pointless - ive only been racing for a week or two, but is it possible to find out where i'm ranked overall?

On lfs world i can only find top 50, and i'd like to know how 'good' i am so far(t). hehe

Upload hotlaps to lfs world and you can see difference to WR, also you will see what is your place on that track/car combo.

Mostly you will be competing only with yourself, checking times to others etc.

To get good driver, one needs to get consistent and be able to avoid crashes and spins, majority of racing happens to online where one must be fair, clean and when needed tight too, but from these I can't remember that there would be any comprehensive listing how well everyone has made against each other.
You will certainly enjoy driving Racingsims with a wheel James, the only downside is that you will have to "learn" to drive with it. I started off with a saitek R440, it had only 180 degrees of turn, which effectively meant... ehr.. not much.. but enough for racing. I had to learn to drive all over again it felt like as i was soooo used to the keys. It took me about 2 weeks to get it right again and smash my own pb's back then (2003-ish). I've started off with Race Driver 2, which i tried a while back again, boy is it arcade! then onto GTR which opened my eyes to how sophisticated a sim can get, especially how difficult it was to drive, then GTLegends, which still sucks me in, it's still a great sim allthough it has a load of anoying bugs which never got fixed (thx slimebin) then Rfactor with it's open source stuff, ppl can build theyre own cars/tracks if theyre handy and patient enough.. and now LFS. LFS felt right, spot on right off the bat. Oh and since GTLegends i've "upgraded" to a G25 from Logitech, expensive but well worth it. 900 degrees of rotation (as does the DFP/Driving Force Pro which is a good one also i've been told) 3 pedals (normal it seems is 2 pedals) A shifterunit and paddles behind the wheel (normal is just the paddles).
Last year i built a "racingseat" .. well.. got some lumber and a seat from the scrapyard and started sawing and screwing and it's still not completely finished as i've spotted some updates.. hehe
It's pretty basic but it's such a nice feel instead of clamping it on the desktop and sitting in an officechair of which some roll back under severe braking.. hahaha.
Here it is: http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?topic=24.0

Anyways James, welcome to the world of simracing.

I've just bought my S2 Last weekend and loving every minute of this Sim.

Regards,

Frank
#31 - AMB
Quote from james_bskt :Hi

thankkssss

Also, i just made an autocross layout, exactly like my fav. kart track. Im sure others will like it, ive made it an online game, can someone check if it's working please? or if at least it is showing up on the "Display List" ?

It is called: " Karter's !! Rye House - UK! MRT "

Thanks again

james

Hey I race karts, I race junior tkm 2/s at Llandow, what about you?
i race junior rotax all over the country in NatSKA. going to llandow in July 2008 for the National Championships, never been there before...

have you tried the layout ? look in the autocross section

...worried
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG