The online racing simulator
Requesting some info about your gaming/cockpit setup.
Sorry to interupt your Racing time but i would like to ask you for a little time, to give me some information about your current gaming/cockpit setup at home, and what you would be looking for in a replacement. (if at all).

First of all i would like to know what kind of setup you are using now. (pics appreciated but not necessary)

Describe what wheel you use, type of chair, where is your keyboard/mouse? Is it comfortable, spacious? and do you easy access your keyboard and mouse whislt not in racing mode (eg just using it as a computer yuk! )

Thank you.

Now for the real details.

If you were to buy a gaming setup.

1. Would it be an upgrade or a first?
2. what would be your ideal width at maximum for the unit( comfort and practical)?
3. Without looking at the market, if you don't already know. How much would you be willing to spend on a good quality, comfortable gaming rig, without wheel?
built from mdf or alu/steel for example

thx see you on the track

Jahilton2002
anybody?
It was less than 2 hours since you started the thread. Give it some time.

I won't answer because I'm not interested in a gaming cockpit.
I don't want a gaming cockpit either, kinda extreme for my simple amateur uses.
But for the rest:
I have a DFP, between my DFP and my TV sits my keyboard, which I can access pretty easy. My mouse is just where it always is, nexto the DFP. The chair I use: a leather directors chair with wheels, which doesn't bother me at all.
If i'd have the money to spend, my next purchase would be a G25 and a new RAM bar ().
And width... At this moment I got a desk from wall to wall, no gaming rig can beat that
Quote from zeugnimod :It was less than 2 hours since you started the thread. Give it some time.

I won't answer because I'm not interested in a gaming cockpit.

lol sorry i just wanna start cutting the kitchen units up
#6 - Dru
there are several posts about peoples rigs and cockpits etc etc... best you look through those i reckon
#7 - sam93
Well, if you look Rotatox's sim build http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=35087 ,he is using the center console and the drivers part of a rx7 dash, so maybe if you can get the dimensions of a cars dash from the center console to the drivers door, that should give you a rough estimate on how big it should be, I don't really know as I haven't built one yet, will do in a couple of months, Ideally want to put a Ferrari dash in it, not a new one a 90's one, maybe a 348 or 355 dash.
i'm not looking at just building one.... i wanting to make and sell them, just want to know if there's a market for it or i'll just build one for me.

just wanted to know peoples thoughts
Quote from John Hilton :i'm not looking at just building one.... i wanting to make and sell them, just want to know if there's a market for it or i'll just build one for me.

just wanted to know peoples thoughts

If you want to build quality stuff, it'll probably be quite expensive. There is a market for everything, but I don't think it'll be a good one on this.
You could just build one for yourself, and then see if you still WANT to build them for other people.
Quote from sgt.flippy :If you want to build quality stuff, it'll probably be quite expensive. There is a market for everything, but I don't think it'll be a good one on this.
You could just build one for yourself, and then see if you still WANT to build them for other people.

oh i agree, its just i have a g25 setup and rear speakers for example, just wanted to know what other people used.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG