The online racing simulator
Why was a setup exchange tool not packed with y update?
Just as the title says.

Just that im starting to wonder where LFS is going seeing as you need a weird set to get heat into tyres / handling not what i would expect from the suspension setting i give.
generally confused ....saying that i do have the IQ of a goldfish

You're asking two very different questions here.

First the easy one. Scawen rationalized not including an auto-update for the new setups because of the updated physics, which rendered our old patch X setups obsolete. I don't buy that argument, really. Sure they require adjustment, but they aren't completely worthless. I've turned my old FOX setups into good patch Y setups with small gearing, camber and pressure tweaks. The basic settings such as wing angles are still useful. It is much easier to tweak a setup than it is to build one from scratch starting with default or race_s.

The second is more complex. I'm not sure I agree that 'weird sets' are required to get heat into the tires. All that is required is adjustment of camber and pressure in order to distribute the loads more evenly across the surface of the tire. The basic setup is far too aggressive with these values, which results in the inside edges getting very hot while the outside edges remain cool. Overheating causes excessive sliding, which causes more overheating, which causes even more sliding, a vicious cycle which usually results in pitching one's car off the circuit backwards across the gravel trap and into the barrier, and an angry shift+S.

I've only really messed with new setups in the FBM and the FOX, but the values seem reasonable to me. Perhaps in other cars that isn't the case.
#3 - Gunn
A setup renaming utility might just add the new required prefix to existing setup names. Most file names in LFS have a character limit. Adding a prefix to a file name that was already long might have been an issue.
The naming and handling of setup files was an important consideration in the recent update. I'm assuming that filename length was considered in this case.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG