The online racing simulator
Virtual engine calculator
(10 posts, started )
#1 - muhaa
Probably something bob, et a la might be interested in
That stuff looks interesting. While we're on the subject - does anyone know of any software packages that will allow me to model something in 2D/3D such as motor and then have the software actually run the motor? I love to play with java apps based on pysics and would love to find some type of software that will allow me to make mechanical components and test them. I know you can use dynamics in 3d studio, but do CAD software packages usually allow this sort of thing? Not even sure if I'm describing it correctly. I just wanna make gizmos and make them work in a virtual/simulated environment.
Oh, I just found this. Looks like a good tool. Not really something I would need, but I'm getting closer :-0

http://www.carsim.com/

This almost looks like the XF GTI - I wonder if the devs use this proggy

Oooh, they updated car sim, last time I found a copy of that it was all dos based (and rubbish).

I'll have a look at those links over the weekend probably.
-
(CrazyICE) DELETED by CrazyICE : missed something :)
Quote from Bob Smith :Oooh, they updated car sim, last time I found a copy of that it was all dos based (and rubbish).

I'll have a look at those links over the weekend probably.

Oh yea! I use to play around with carsim all the time. A coworker was bragging about his supercharged Chevy Impala SS and said he'd beat anything I've got, "and that's fact!" (That's his trademark saying. Everything is FACT). I said, "anything?" He said, "anything!" I said, "you sure?" He said, "garante.... Wait, what do you have? Oh no, not the bike." "Hey you said anything!" So I spec'ed his car out and my bike out and "raced" it in carsim (had to guesstimate some of the specs). Smoked him everywhere but on the long oval, he caught me with top speed (bike is quick, not fast) after a lap and a half. We also spec'ed my brother-in-law's dad's twin turbo 5.0 L Mustang (450 hp) and a bunch of other cars. I had the boss really ticked off at me when he thought his turbo VW Jetta would beat the Impala SS, but didn't.
#7 - muhaa
Whoops, I was thinking up there that carsim was what I played with. It wasn't, it was cartest. I saw it in the Racer link posted just before this post. Neat program. You can simulate 1/4 mile drags between different cars or set up a control and a test car on a track with many tracks to choose from. You see simple graphics of the cars/tracks and don't drive them or anything. Pretty cool though and it simulated the rated performance specs of my bike and any other car I entered specs for pretty good.
I wrote and sell a program similar to CarTest called Straightline Acceleration Simulator (SAS for short), but the modelling is more extensive and it includes an engine simulation:

http://www.PerformanceSimulations.com

There's a free demo there, but its use is rather largely restricted. I regularily create and tweak engines with the program for use in my car sim. Quite fun

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG