The online racing simulator
What gifts did you get this year?
(149 posts, started )
Quote from Mr.Muh :Nah, i've got a whole bunch of them myself, i was just curious what RcCar he got..

Ahh sorry I thought you didn't understand what them initials stood for my bad
Nothing.

Does broken arm and flu count?

Got me a 80gb ipod,New nike Tns and gareth brooks cd the only cd on my pc thats not Techno
Quote from dj-fluxsa :Got me a 80gb ipod,New nike Tns and gareth brooks cd the only cd on my pc thats not Techno

Mate it's Gart Brooks

happy Christmas fellow Irishman
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
350dollars
Quote from simscube :yea

Hopefully this year my stuff won't get stolen like last year (got a PSP $60, and a ton of gift cards stolen out of my coat)

then again, the PS3 is a family gift, just like the PSX and PS2 were too, but both of those wound up as mine within half a year of us owning them.

this was probably the biggest Christmas in a couple of years for me

Only kidding with you mate.

Enjoy your gifts
4 CDs
Simpsons movie
Richard Hammond's Top Gear DVD Game
£235 (yes!)
a few funny books
lots of chocolate
various other things
Dad got me some speakers for my winter beater, which were badly needed, I was going nuts driving to work with no music.

My mom got me scrabble, and a gift card to staples, and wal-mart. She got the wife a gift card to kohls and walmart, and some new sheets and such.

I really appreciate what my parents get me every year. Its always something I need but never have time to do, they are great.
Well i got -

- iPod nano 4gb
- An iPod speaker dock (now i can annoy my parents
with my hardstyle)

- Clothes
- $200 dollar pre-paid credit card
- More clothes
- Gym membership
- Chocolate
- oh and teh orange box (now i needs a comp to run it )
Quote from Mr.Muh :Nah, i've got a whole bunch of them myself, i was just curious what RcCar he got..

An Escalade its a cheap one...but it BURNS rubber! good thing it came with an extra 2 sets of tyres.....Got marks going down my road about 5 feet long..it somewhat does wheelies now but its lowered, im gonna raise the back end up and

this is a pic of the type I have...
http://images.hobbytron.com/ZX-GAS-13-lg.jpg

I dont really like it..I took the front wheel drive out of it.
I got

9ct Gold Chain (40cm solid gold, *DROOL* Valued at $1600 AUD)
40gb PS3 with Colin Mcrae: DiRT
A Hat.

Thats all
Canon SD 950
Quote from mathew4445 :I got

9ct Gold Chain (40cm solid gold, *DROOL* Valued at $1600 AUD)
40gb PS3 with Colin Mcrae: DiRT
A Hat.

Thats all

W00t?!
You got a Ps3?
They cost a shitload lol. Was it just from one person, or did the whole family payed the gift?
Penis enlargement pills, so I can swing away with the rest of you here

Regards,

Ian
Got my girlfriend a new phone which she loves. She got me an electric razor which is just what i need as shaving has to be one of the least enjoyable things ever. Her parents also got me $30 clothes voucher which was unexpected!
Oh yea, I also got a break up with my girlfriend, been two weeks and she's already with someone else.. Christmas sucks this year
XC, I'd hope that HD would be upto 480mb/s, seeing that's the USB 2.0 standard, too bad it's a burst rate unlike FireWire, so you'll very rarely (if ever) achieve that speed consistently.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :What i got:
Trainers
Clothes
jewelery
aftershave
webcam
iPod touch + case and screen protector
new pc chair
bits for my new bike
a few pc and ps3 games
a few other bits and bobs
New DMS Decoder for my surround sound on my PC (7.2) it decided to stop working at one point
A few bits for my mini, just little things like performance air filter, tyres and wheels etc.

What i got my family:
Dad - Some cd's, smart shoes, suede jacket (£350!!!!!), suede boots and a new phone/pda thingy. Nintendo Wii, he loves that thing
Sister - Shoes and bits she needed for her apartment.
brother 1 - aftershave kit, bits for his scooby and a Creative Zen 4gb. Also got his a 52'' plasma tv with decoder and Sky + HD.
brother 2 - few dvd's, surround sound (sony, 3500w RMS total) and a sony dvd/blu-ray/recorder and a Xbox 360 elite with a few games.
brother 1's girlfreind - shoes and a new stereo.
my girlfreind - Jewelry, clothes, perfume, a private thing *cough*, new HD sony TV (42'' plasma). Also, the bit which i think she enjoyed the most recieving....a 3 week old staffordshire bull terrier pup. She loves him :d

I recieved and gave a few other prezzies too, but i loved seing there faces when opening then presents. made me feel nice

You've got some money, unless the credit card came in handy.
What ever you do, don't let your gf to call the staffy, Tyson, because everyone are calling them Tyson now.

Is the phone one of those O2 have on their network, I know a few others have them but I have one off of O2 what is the mini s, had it for about 6 months now and they're really good phones.
No offense to the people who got a PS3, but you really should of asked for a 360 Elite, the reason I say the elite and not the core or premium is because the elite has HDMI (I know the PS3 has this) also the elite has had the heat issue sorted out, the PS3 on the other hand has a few problems with the laser and once a bit of dust gets into it the system can start to play up, my brother in law has just got one, and he spent £30 for one of those dust protector thingys for it.
I suppose it is matter of opinion really, well this is the place to see what is better out of the two, but what does it really matter, if this really always happened with pc's we would be here for ages debating, as all pc's are better then others. Just wanted to say the problems with the ps3's so some of you are ready for it to happen, I know this can happen because I have a few mates what have ps3's and the lasers have gone on one of them and the other one has stopped working. I know the premium and core 360 has problems, but it seems the elite has been sorted out.
Quote from sam93 :I know the premium and core 360 has problems, but it seems the elite has been sorted out.

except 2
1) Gran Turismo looks good and is fun to play in company
2) Tekken looks good and is fun to play in company
I've had my PS3 for a few months now and i really love it. colin Mcrae dirt is absolutely fantastic with Motorsotrm and F1:CE Worth a play as well. The graphics on all of these 3 games are truly stunning. Plus, the PS3 has a Blu-Ray player which can also upscale normal DVd's and make them look a great deal better

My advice for people stuck whether to get a PS3 or 360 would be to ask yourself : Do you want the console with the most games currently out or do you want the console with the top quality games still in development.
Quote from Jakg :hehehe, GF's brother bought some of those for £50 off t'internet, they rock (although i hope to god you can fly them better than him!).

I found that put a small peice of blu-tac on the nose, it trims them forwards slightly and makes them a LOT easier to fly.
#98 - Rish
Well i've just ordered my Christmas presents off tinternet, 1x 23inch Samsung lcd (for the kitchen) and 1x Samsung washing machine(also for the kitchen)!

Ahhh the joys of owning your own home. i'm kinda disappointed this year, i didn't get any socks!!!
Quote from Rish :Well i've just ordered my Christmas presents off tinternet, 1x 23inch Samsung lcd (for the kitchen) and 1x Samsung washing machine(also for the kitchen)!

Ahhh the joys of owning your own home. i'm kinda disappointed this year, i didn't get any socks!!!

Hmm, thats weird, i'd have put the washing machine in the box room....
lol,

What gifts did you get this year?
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG