The online racing simulator
FFB oscillating like a madness
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Honey
i tried a logitech force 3d joystick with lfs and with any car (the more powerful the worse is the problem) the ffb makes the joystick oscillating so violently that i'm afraid it will broke.
as the speed increase the problem decrease, with the car stopped the vibration is the worse, i tried setting the "smooth" value of lfs and it does help a bit... but i don't know what to do to fix it!

i searched the forum but i didn't find any similar issue, but i remember there was a guy with the same problem some years ago...

anyone have any idea? thanks!
#2 - wien
Try turning down the FFB strength inside LFS. This usually happens if you use too high FFB strength.
#3 - Honey
Quote from wien :Try turning down the FFB strength inside LFS. This usually happens if you use too high FFB strength.

thank you for the hint, i think i left the default value (80% i think)
i'll try it.
#4 - wien
Worth a try anyway. I think joysticks may be more susceptible to this problem as they have all that weight swinging on top as opposed to wheels, so you may need to go a bit lower because of that. For the record I only use about 40% on my wheel, and I don't see any oscillation.
id hazard a guess that logitech joysticks have the same exponential curve for ffb round the centre as their wheels do
so if you have the driver set to anything higher than 100% turn it down to 100 and if its at 100 turn it down some more which should decrease overall forces round the centre without sacrificing much in maximum force at the edges

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG