The online racing simulator
gear shiftup/down not smooth in fox/fo8/bf1 with mouse wheel
hi all, does anybody use mouse wheel for gear shiftup/down same as me ?
as topic says sometimes i cannot shift up/down with my mouse wheel, say 2-3 out of 10 shifts, only with fox/fo8/bf1
changing the gearshift debounce rate to higher values will help but the problem is not solved
is this my own issue?
#2 - Honey
i have the same issue with any control associated with shift up/down, i used to use keyboard, but i borrowed a joystick and even if less evident it happens even with joystick.
to me happens with all cars, but much more frequently with the new formula bmw.
if i set the button control rate to maximum, life is a bit easier, but the problem remains.
maybe it is an intended behaviour, but to me having any car (even road cars) shift like the fbmw is unrealistic: i'm not aware of any road car that prevents you from changing gear when you engage the clutch unless you cut the throttle...

anyway the funny thing is that you can workaround this by using the autogears (i know, it's no fun!), because autogears can shift with throttle applied...honestly i can't understand that...

maybe you can try to use "Autohotkey" to cut throttle while shifting, but i don't believe it will work, because to me lfs simply misses keystrokes (or buttons)...it's not a matter of doing things perfectly or slowly

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG