The online racing simulator
are these wheels the same
(12 posts, started )
hi guys, im thinking about bidding on this item on ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Logitech ... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i just bidded on one of these earlier bit it had the logitech badge in the center no the GT one, the one with the logitech badge was connected via usb so it will work on my pc, does this wheel also connect via usb and will it work via pc??

cheers guys
the Logitech DFP (driving force pro) was made mainly for the PS2; however, it is fully compatible with the PC.

The DFP has 900 degree rotation (like a real car), which you will find only on two wheels, this, and the G25.
so this wheel will work on my pc then yeah?
Yeah. Lots of us are using them.
Yes.

There is one thing you will have to look up though, which is how to unlock the full 900 degrees of rotation for the PC.

It works perfect on a PC as far as I am aware though.
Yes

edit. too slow
thanks veery much guys, hope to see ya all on lfs
yey i won the auction quite cheap wasnt it?
Extremely, you got a great deal on that thing.
Until the G25 came out (might still be), they cost twice what you payed for!
It's a good price but, sorry, wish I'd looked more closely at that auction.

I (and a few others here) bought a wheel from those guys once and found it to be faulty. It was advertised as "reconditioned", but the steering axis was knackered from day one - the pot was worn out and the steering inputs would often "spike", making the steering suddenly flick from side to side. Can't have done a very good reconditioning job if they didn't replace a plastic pot worth a few pence...

I didn't return it because I got the wheel for £10 and shipping it back to Ireland would've cost more than that. They're the only eBay seller I've ever left negative feedback for.

On the positive side, I kept the wheel and I still use its pedal set as a clutch, alongside my DFP (which I bought new).
hopefully mine aint like that, i take it you have 2 sets of pedals and its just a button configuration for the clutch?
Quote from swedge :hopefully mine aint like that,

Hopefully not. The DFP has a rather more robust steering method anyway (I think it uses an optical sensor) so you're unlikely to have exactly the same fault I got with my first wheel. With any luck the pedals will be in good condition too.

Quote from swedge :i take it you have 2 sets of pedals and its just a button configuration for the clutch?

Yeah. LFS will let you assign controls to however many different controllers you've got plugged in. It's a pain having to have two wheels plugged in just for a clutch pedal though - all these wires are a bit messy. I should buy a G25 really ...

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG