The online racing simulator
DFP loosing calibration?
(15 posts, started )
#1 - Jambo
DFP loosing calibration?
Hi

In game i noticed that when my car is sliding out, and i suddenly turn the wheel rapidly one way, to keep the car on the road, my wheel looses calibration on itself and on the game. The centre spring that pulls the wheel back to the middle, pulls it back. Yet its on a big angle. Not central. The wheel in game is also miles out. I turn the wheel right left right (full lock each way) and it re-calibrates itself. What could this be. Being too violent. As its quite annoying now -_-

Thanks a lot

Jambo
dont now...
do u installed the software that belongs to the steer and calibrated in that?
If it makes a lot of noise, you may be putting too much force on it trying to steer quickly. The DFP hates its users so it tries to resist this, and it can 'skip gears' making a grinding sound. This makes it loose calibration.

Also steering really quickly means a VERY high motor speed. The steering sensor is on the motor, and it may not be able to 'read' at 5000rpm, so it looses calibration..

Either way, ditch it and get a G25
#4 - Jambo
Thanks. But now ive installed x37 there is yet ANOTHER problem with it. When in race, the wheel ingame sometimes flickers 20-45 degreese right/left when racing. Yet the wheel in my hand hasnt moved. The calibration lock is on. A bug that might get fixed when its officially released or something else?

thanks again

jambo
#5 - VoiD
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :...Also steering really quickly means a VERY high motor speed. The steering sensor is on the motor, and it may not be able to 'read' at 5000rpm, so it looses calibration...

Doubt it. The steering-axis works optical, there can´t be any kind of "mechanical lag"...

Got problems with profiler v5.01 on my side last week too.
250° (as allways) in profiler but LFS decided it works better in 180°-mode, which is undriveable for me.

After downgrading to v.5.0 everything works like a charm again. XP64sp2.
Well, encoders tend to have a max rpm rating, but it could be something else.. Sounds like a weird issue; it could be the optical encoder, or the electronics behind it..
#7 - Jambo
What about the thing in x37 with the wheel flickering but me not moving the wheel?
do you get a consistent framerate that is in the 50+ zone? What sort of hardware specs does your pc consist off.. Might give us more to work with
maybe your wheel is about to die?
I dont think its lag in FPS tbh. Because my wheel in my hand isnt moving.

Got Nvidia 7600GS and get a fairly descent FPS rate. 50+
That happened me too...... and I couldn't repaired.
After this I bought a G25.
i have the same problem with my DFP, it happens when you steer too fast... i dont know why, its a DFP weekness. But dont run to buy a G25, its weekness is the gearbox... DFP is perfect for racing, but you have to be carefull with drifting.
And its about to break anyway. Dont really know if i want a g25 tbh.

As on my dfp just noticed that the plasitc coating on the wire for the pedals is coming off. Right near the end where it plugs into wheel. Thing is, its my brothers wheel :S
Brother: "oh noes u broke my wheel
:jawdrop:"

DFP loosing calibration?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG