The online racing simulator
How did it all start for you?
(81 posts, started )
Found a PC Gamer mag at work must of been... Late 2002, Had the first LFS demo on the CD, Installed it at work and gave it a go with the keyboard, Got home, Google'd it and realised i had to download another version to play (Was on dialup).

Was hooked since, Played it all the time (still do when i can).
I was conceived in the backseat of a XF-GTi (they had dark windows back then..)
about mid 2002 when i was 7 had just got out computer and was lookin for somethin to play and misspelled nee for speed found this game played and off since then and now full timer since 2004
heh yeah ive been playing half my life
First heard the name LFS back in 2003 on a GPL forum. But partly because i was still on dial-up with a 28K modem at the time, and because the general consensus was it wasn't as good as GPL i never bother to download the demo.

Then in 2005 i was looking through BHmotorsports site and read a review of S2 which i think had just been released, the screenies and vids looked great, and because i was then on broadband i downloaded it and kinda fell in love.

At first i was playing about 50% LFS 50% GPL, but over the 1st year that went to about 90-10 in favour of LFS. And now i don't even have GPL on my hard drive although sometimes i get the urge to re-install it and have a go at the extreme hardcore level. But it would take forever to find/download and install all the various mods to get it back to it's former glory, but i can't be bothered to do that so...

So now the only things on my HD's are LFS, FSX and ArmA. Gotta keep it real yunno, it's the only way to live
Quote from ghost racer :Am I the only one that finds it eye candy for how smooth it runs and everything is layed out.. I remember the first time I saw the preview S2 video! Then it blew me away once I could download it how smooth it still played one my pc.

dont get me wrong..the game is all that it needs to be..just details..waving of the flags..pit crew working...auto blackflag when hard hit...and so on..that is what i meanwith eyecandy.

the game is awsome online..im pleased with it all..
Way back, i found a Lfs demo, on a cd I borrowed from a buddy.
I don`t know when this was, but I guess it was late 2002 or early 2003. I only had keyboard to play with, so I didn`t get caugth by Lfs then.

Later in 2003, i stumbled over Lfs again and got the newest demo on the internet. This I played, with keyboard, off and on for a few months. Then I borrowed a wheel from my kid brother, and I bougth S1.

From there I got really caugth, and have now driven over 100.000 miles in Lfs

How did it all start for you?
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG