The online racing simulator
Not enough space for tires under XRR bodywork
I can't catch it with a screenshot, but you can see for yourself with a fairly normal setup, e.g. Asmo's FE Gold.set.
Braking to a stop after a low speed 360 (controlled) is one way to see it.

Very minor, but I thought I'd mention it in case there was need for an excuse to redo the bodywork.
You mean the tyres stick through the bodywork? That's been an age old bug and has appeared at virtualy any (non open-wheeler) car.

Wonder when Scawen will implement an sound effect for that, so all the ultra-low-riders crap their pants the first time they hear their tyres scraping on the body
Quote from AndroidXP :Wonder when Scawen will implement an sound effect for that, so all the ultra-low-riders crap their pants the first time they hear their tyres scraping on the body

Or when he'll add smoke and make your tyre puncture
^yep

its pretty common in racing, i've noticed it the most in nascar and all the SCCA races, hear a weird screetch noise and puffs of smoke come from the wheel well
#5 - mctav
It quite worrying when you are driving a real car and the tyres hit the arches when the suspension is in compression.
#6 - XXXg3
Quote from mctav :It quite worrying when you are driving a real car and the tyres hit the arches when the suspension is in compression.

heh heh, translator
well it's not that hard i guess.
it's like defining some polygons at the arch over the wheel as road.
cause the road has clipping.
the bodywork not (in that place)
Actually, it's not that simple. The problem is that you don't have a "whole wheel" vs. road contact detection, but simply a point on the bottom of the wheel, that acts as contact point.

This is easily verifyable by driving against the steep backside of some curbs. First the wheel will somewhat "go in" the curb, then it will start deforming and after that, if you try with enough force, the wheel contact point will jump up onto the curb.
well if its just points detections then why not install a contact detector in the next model upgrade?

well since computer races are born and in 3d-meshes this clipping problem seems to jump from game to game like a virus from host to host...
I really don't think that this a major issue since it happens basically in every car game/simulation. Easiest way could be just to make a simple piece of code that calculates the distance between the arc and tire and if it 0 or less -> rip tire apart with spectacular shading/lightning effects. Basically only variables are tire angle (caster and camber) which change as the body rolls/suspension moves.

Or make the arcs bigger/restrict the suspension movement by adding those bump rubbers or whatever they were.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG