The online racing simulator
#26 - BURN
Quote from joen :Erh, you were the one that brought it up.

I have a good job, yet I can't afford, let's say an Aston Martin DB9. Does that mean I should be entitled to get an unlimited test drive when I go to the car dealer? After all, I can't afford it so they could at least try to understand my situation and let me keep driving it. They are so dumb for taking it away from me!

exactly !!

Quote from birder :...
I fully understand that some people cannot afford to buy the game but why should demo drivers have the same say as S2 drivers or even any say at all

Is it not time that this forum had a Demo section and all the other sections were locked so they cannot post.

100% agree

here are sooooo many of this stupid threads ... its really anoying

Quote from JTbo : ...Helping them to find why they should buy product they use will have much better results than yelling them how stupid they are and practically saying good that you leave. I believe this board is also one marketing channel of LFS and we should at least try to keep that on mind too

but m8, they seem to be stupid, cause they still come up with this S**t.

/quoting this and all the other threads about "demo users" leaving LFS cause they dont get it for free
I think that many people play the demo but have no intention of buying the full game at all. They just want a free game where they can drift and wreck people.

They should see what they're missing out on.
A computer game is a luxury product. There's no need why you should have one or any reason why it needs to be made accessible to all (it already is IMO). LFS's price is pretty minor TBH, I've just gone and bought a coat that cost 4 times as much as LFS and a computer that cost about 20 times as much. People here have obviously somehow managed to save for a computer and I doubt many people don't wear coats based on the fact they could be bothered to get off their arse.
to all demo races: if you wanna complain, then buy a voice (s2)
These threads always go into questions of ethic n shit haa
I made a non threatening post. I made it respectful and reasonable. And all I get is smart ass remarks and personal attacks to demo players. Thanks. What an encouraging community
Kind of reminds me of esportsea.
Two cents: if the devs are going to listen to ANYONE it'll be someone who's paid the money and played the full game: i.e., someone who knows what they're talking about and earned the right to criticise - not someone who's bitching because something in their FREE GAME has been removed.

I've never seen such whiny, spoiled, childish bitching like this from demo users from any other game community whether from FPS, racing or any other kind of game.

If you want the XRT so damn bad, save/earn 24 pounds - how many other games do you own that have cost that much or more? Not only will you get your precious XRT back you'll also have a stack more tracks to drift on, even if you completely ignore every other goddam car. If you want a free drift simulator (and don't want to stay on an old X patch) then sorry, you're just shit outa luck. Jeez, the party's finally over and some people are throwing a hissy fit.
Quote from redfoxrick :These threads always go into questions of ethic n shit haa
I made a non threatening post. I made it respectful and reasonable. And all I get is smart ass remarks and personal attacks to demo players. Thanks. What an encouraging community

to be fair your post was quite balanced and unusual coming from a demo user who is about to buy s2 and as such doesn't have a vested interest in either making the demo better to avoid paying or in making the demo more restrictive to prevent people using it forever without licencing.

unfortunatly there are a number of demo users who have no intention of beiing licenced yet feel that because they've used the demo for a (very) long time they are entitled to the features they like being available to them. understandably there are a number of licenced users who feel as since LFS is the Devs sole source of income, that the demo users should remember that without licenced users there would be no alterations done to the game and if everyone had taken the "demo user " approach, the game would never have progressed past its earliest forms, there are plenty of games / sims that have been abandond due to lack of income causing Devs to have to spend their time elsewhere, Netkar has been abandond in a flawed condition after a launch which certainly gave the impression of being rushed and done cheaply re download sites due to cash flow probs, racer is another abandond project, if LFS had gone the same way we would all be a lot worse off.
Quote from tinvek :i'd be interested to know which one you think is the best, obviously it has to be a free demo as otherwise you'd have paid when this was the best.

hmm no reply yet

anyone know which car on the rfactor demo people use for drifting and how many rfactor demo drifters there are? or regular online racers for that matter ?

i'm assuming of course that noone would think of using a hack to unlock rfactor to install other cars because all the long term demo users are of course upstanding individuals who only use a demo because they're unable to raise the funds for a full game, indeed all of them have pc's that struggle to run LFs at the lowest possible graphics settings, on a 14" CRT and use keyboard and mouse to control the car

Assuming they honestly do fall into the above situation re finances and morals, i have no complaints about people who never upgrade

also it would be interesting to know how many batttlefield 2 demo users there are still playing regularly just with the demo content
I don't post in here often but read a lot of content.

I'm not here to upset anyone but to make a point.

A lot has been said regarding this subject, some of it silly and some of it intelligent. (Mine will probably be in the silly section )

I bought my licence way back when S2 first came out. Here in Australia 24£ equals to around $57. Most new games here cost around the $100 mark (you do the equation into £). Paying almost half price for a game that gives so much enjoyment I would do any day.

I honestly don't understand why there is so much complaining going on from the demo racers (who a number of say they have the money to buy a licence). If they have played the demo for so long and been on here a number of times they should've realised by now that they would get their precious XRT back plus a number of other staggering cars that will provide more challenges to their drifting scene. The XRT isn't the only car in the game that can be drifted. I've seen a few demo racers say "If it has 4 wheels I can drift it" (which I'm yet to see happen with the FBM lol). If you say you can drift anything, save the money and buy a licence and prove it. You don't have to get one right now, it's Xmas and everybody is broke (including myself) so it's understandable.

Don't forget the extra tracks that you get. There are a couple of tracks that I reckon you could probably stay sideways the whole time. There is also the BL Carpark where you are able to create your own personally designed drift track and drift the night away.

With an S2 licence, the possibilities for drifters is endless. Buy a licence and try it out, you won't be sorry I promise.

ps. get yourself a G25 too and make the experience even better.

pss. I'm not a drifter if you are thinking I am. I'm a hard core racer and love every minute of it.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on.
Quote from JTbo :Yes, they will get prompted to get licensed, but I feel sometimes here it is not so friendly atmosphere against demo users, they are similar people when compared to those that have S2, some may be bit unsure and some may have just few questions or even some complains before moving to S2, if they are treated like scum, it may affect to their decision to get game, maybe they can get impression that they are not welcome at all.

You all write so damn fast

From my opinion removing XRT was good thing, there will be sure more people now that get license. My rather unclear point here was that demo users are very valuable too, support them, guide them, don't bash them and they will learn or find something else to do. Helping them to find why they should buy product they use will have much better results than yelling them how stupid they are and practically saying good that you leave. I believe this board is also one marketing channel of LFS and we should at least try to keep that on mind too

Its not an aditude towards all demo users, just the ones that come to the forum and complain about how something about the demo needs to be changed.
Quote from redfoxrick :These threads always go into questions of ethic n shit haa

We can give "you guys"(demo players) all the negative remarks we want. Just like how you can use this forum and ask, respectful and reasonably, for things you haven't payed for.
#37 - JTbo
Quote from legoflamb :Its not an aditude towards all demo users, just the ones that come to the forum and complain about how something about the demo needs to be changed.

I still believe that even they would have bad attitude we don't have to go down to same level, we can still be polite and correct their failure in thinking process with friendly manner, putting anger in reply will produce just more anger, more angry wrong attitude demo users will then post as they think that is ok and there is our mayhem ready to rock again.

Resisting temptation to be harsh will give lot better results in long run

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG