The online racing simulator
Setup help
(2 posts, started )
#1 - cfus
Setup help
Hi all.
Have been playing LFS for a few months now and loving it. I want to start creating my own setups but dont know where to start.
Ive downloaded various setups (i.e. the ones from team inferno site etc) but dont really understand how to tweak them to make them work for me.

Ive read the LFS manual and tried to get my head around all the technical stuff, but dont really have the time...or mental capacity to really get into the mechanics and engineering.

Basically..if i was going to tweak one thing from the default settings for instance, what would you recommend? What changes tend to make the most significance difference to lap times (driving ability aside

it seems to me that essentially its all about getting out of corners fast as this is where i seem to be continually overtaken, rather than straights so i guess gear ratio is important? (having said that i really have no idea what gear ratio means...i tend to randomly move the sliders left and right) ive played with trying to tailor fuel load to the number of laps in a race? Is that important?
Does track direction influence things as if your going round anticlockwise for instance your going to make more left turns than right...i think....

Any links to threads (i have looked honest would be great or links to other sites with simple to understand terminology would also be really useful.

Sorry for the lengthy inarticulate question and thanks a lot
Hi mate! You have a lot to learn in setup making
You really need to go the hard way (search on forum/internet for stuff) or get someone to explain some basic stuff.

The gear ratios are important, but not so important in car handling. And its really the easiest to tweak, the most important stuff to handling is suspension and diff.

My advice: read and re-read all the info about car setups and go try it on track, modify some setup you like and see the changes. Make small changes so you can see whats going on. Its a never ending process

Setup help
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG