The online racing simulator
Anyone play Eve-Online?
(5 posts, started )
Anyone play Eve-Online?
Just curious if anyone here plays Eve-Online. Its a space-set MMORPG (I think I got that right..).

I started a free trial a few days ago, and after the inital very steep learning curve, it seems to be stealing all my free time, lots of fun. I always love a bit of sci-fi and big space-ships blowing up. Reminds me a lot of a 3-4yr old game by MS called "Freelancer". But much much bigger, and more immersive. Something like 30,000-40,000 players on one server in the evening, damned impressive! The social side is nice as well, always someone willing to give you a hand figuring stuff out.
I semi play. I mainly just do the skillage now, at least you don't have to play to skill up =) I enjoy the game and hop on from time to time to complete missions. I have not gotten into the PVP much yet.
I just paid my "entry fees". It seems I always do the big mistakes with new games. With gpmanager I had to try that bankcrupsy thing once in the begining, bit like now with eve. I trained my character towards shield tanking with missiles but I was flying a ship that had rails only and was better off as an armor tank . And my current character isn't really good for pvp so I just focus on training to get my character more suitable for pvp... doing missions, especially now when I have lots of time
Haven't played eve for quite a while, but I've been toying with bunging a couple of quid into trinity and seeing just how good it is. Unfortunately I think that might have to wait until my WoW subscription finishes - the world might just loose me completely otherwise :s

Gallente ftw.
Hah, loving my Gallente destroyer Don't think I've been in Gallente space since day 1 though. I remeber playing Eve a couple of years ago, visually since the trinity pack its much better looking now. Has optional HDR lighting as well, which is suprisingly well done.

I'm training my character up for PvP mostly, as the corp I'm in has weekly deathmatch's. When I asked about tanking the ship up in the newbie room I got about 20 people advising me on the best way to do it and an eve-mail detailing which armor reinforcers to use against different enemies. Helpful

Anyone play Eve-Online?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG