The online racing simulator
Double SCR ?
(37 posts, started )

Poll : Should they change their name?

Closed since :
No/If Southern Cross Racing asks.
Yes
Double SCR ?
If you vote "No/Unless they ask" Please specify which one!

Just wondering what you guys think, Should this team be asked to change there TAG?

Unless of'course Southern Cross Racing doesn't care.

No they should'nt. Just simply indicate which team is which when someone ask's you.
:feedtroll

Im on this server right now.
I cant see anyproblem they are not pretending to be Southern cross at all.
A poor attempt at trolling both in forums and on the server.

Sad to see.
Nasrat, you need to chill out...

He came on to our little training server and started yelling like an angry little chiuaua:dogrun:

The thing is, we are just a small swedish team, only racing in the swedish leagues. We have currently 5 members, and i dont see how we could disturb this other team called SCR...
We had no idea that there was another team called SCR so we are really not copying anything either. There are several teams out there whit the same little nametag, and its working fine Dont you think Nasrat?
Quote from Greven :Nasrat, you need to chill out...

He came on to our little training server and started yelling like an angry little chiuaua:dogrun:

MPR Please.
#7 - richo
no they shouldn't. they can both get along with the same name.
And they also race in a different timezone richo, different name just when abbrieviated its the same.

This thread i seem to be hostage in or am duty bound to be objectively reasoned with judement and opinion.

ok so bla bla > nasrat

nasrat btw i seem to recall banning a few times or kicking and making server private during my days at dSRC.

I even had to leave that server , i was enjoying a limited HP race/qual session. Enter nasrat > for last 45-1 hour min + going on on on about this. And then brings it to the forums.

I bet majoiry of people never heard of this small SCR team ?
SoutherCrossRacing [SCR] being the freindly team they are , im sure wont force anything like a team name change, there hasnt been a problem for this team before why now , because of some person with noting better to do. (as he/she said himself/herself)

I rest my case gentlly for now.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :
nasrat btw i seem to recall banning a few times or kicking and making server private during my days at dSRC.

Please make yourself clear.

I was never banned from dSRC servers. And my name is NOT Nasrat.

I was absent from LFS 2005-2007 July.
Does anyone in either team hold a legitimate copyright to the name?

No?

Tough.
sorry if that wasnt you, but your taking this too far. your just making some kinda of mountain out of a molehill.
Dont flame,

I asked for an opinion. The poll should say "Should they change their TAG" Not name. Sorry.
It's not for you or the community to sort out. If you really feel like being a little twat point out to them that there's another team with the same name then leave them alone
As a member of Southern Cross Racing it's time for me to add my 2 cents.

I don't care :haha:
The tag's are different and has been said we are from different time zones so we'd be unlucky to bump into one another anyway.

Also the tags are different. Southern Cross Racing's team tag's use this format now.
scr.crashdummy

We have had people throw the scr tags around in the past though and chuck them on their names like the little free spirits they are but most Australian racers know who we are and who is on the team so when someone else is caught out trying to "be on the team" they get shot down real quick.

Keep in mind I am only one member of the team.

If I'm ever in a server and I see this happening I will put a stop to it.
Cutter here.
I started Southern Cross Racing in 2003.

I'm cool with it.
Different timezone, different name.
Interesting coincidence, or flattery, either way I'm easy.
Hmmm maybe we'll have a SCR Vs SCR race, then I'll introduce them to Chaz,
be afraid, be very afraid......
hmm. I woulda thought SCR from the North would have used the swedish colours in their tag... but that's neither here nor there.

As said, the two teams are fairly unlikely to meet, and even if they did, their tags now look suitably different for the average joe to tell them apart.

why would you pretend to be in scr

as for the real issue, who cares? it wont be a problem at all until ping times are so close worldwide that everyone can race fair with no lag in an overseas comp, and thats probably a long time from happening

EDIT: and even if someone didnt realise the difference, does it matter if some people believe a slower driver (just using it for a point not saying the euro scr is slower) is in the aussie scr? im in a fast team and im slow as all hell compared and my team doesnt care, i dont care, and i dont think anyone else i race with cares.
#19 - Gunn
After a few more beers tonight I'll probably look up in the sky and see two southern crosses anyhow. :drink:
Quote from Gunn :After a few more beers tonight I'll probably look up in the sky and see two southern crosses anyhow. :drink:

LoL Nice.

Didn't vote? :S
Quote from mathew4445 :Didn't vote? :S

Give it a rest.

Edit: Clever move to group "No" and "If Southern Cross racing asks", by the way. :doh: It's not really the same thing, is it? (Rhetorical question.)
I voted yes, in all sensibility.. its after all, some sort of abbreviation of the team name.. If i see a team race, well.. Bol-lox vs. Bol-lox its hard to say who wins and who drove like bollox.
No big deal really
Couple o days, she'll be right
okok i was corrected through pm. [SCR] and scr. indeed are very different.

Double SCR ?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG