The online racing simulator
flood and bad language filter broke?
Today I got kicked for, well I don't know for what. Check the screenshot I've added.

And also this week, I've seen people getting kicked after saying '=)' once (also after saying it two or three times not rapidly after eachother).

Is the system freakin out or something?
Ter**g is a swear word in Dutch.... the filter doesn't just apply to english....

odd that it didn't kick you the second time you said it though... perhaps it did because you said it in caps originally.
#3 - SamH
Hmm.. sorry about that

I can't find anything in the language filter that you said, at all, except "ur" which is part of a language filter for "ur an idiot". I think it must have been a system glitch, because that shouldn't have triggered.

I've spent a few minutes going through the filter and removing any ambiguities that I can find, to try and prevent it happening again. Really sorry
#4 - SamH
Ooohhhh.. yep.. I just spotted that, yep teedot! Well done! LOL!

Yes, that word is in the filter.. whoever is called that, I'm thinking they'll have difficulty if they try to join the CTRA system with that name
Quote from SamH :Ooohhhh.. yep.. I just spotted that, yep teedot! Well done! LOL!

Yes, that word is in the filter.. whoever is called that, I'm thinking they'll have difficulty if they try to join the CTRA system with that name

It's a disese often used as swearword. Strange to pick that as a nickname.
Hehe cheers Sam
hehe ok no problem anyway, I wasn't racing at that time.
But I just find it wierd that it didn't kick me a second time.
#8 - SamH
I think that's a quirk in the X-System programming language.. I'm trying to find a workaround for it.
Quote from koolby :Today I got kicked for, well I don't know for what. Check the screenshot I've added.

And also this week, I've seen people getting kicked after saying '=)' once (also after saying it two or three times not rapidly after eachother).

Is the system freakin out or something?

huh you not knowing what that word means ??. Now thats very strange. Not a word you throw around with all do repect . Very bad disese m8. A lot of dutch use it as a swear word but i find that rather offensive. They say "krijg de t....g", wich means something like get c.ncer. So defitnly a abusive word. Should be in the abuse filter. So nothing wrong with filter. Correctly done .
hey I can't help it that the guy likes to call himself like that, I wasn't trying to insult anyone, I was just mentioning a guy.
And I just didn't expect that a dutch swear word would be integrated in the abuse filter.
I'm also not complaining about anything I was just wondering why I was kicked a first time and not a second time.
niels, i can't speak for germans, but its certainly nothing i've ever heard of here... after a wiki search, i can only find that it's the dutch term for "consumption/tuberculosis", but sounds like its also used as an exclamation like "damn!"

odd that they would choose such a word, but it hardly seems like something that should be considered profain... there are plenty of things that i would consider offensive if used with that intent. for example, if you tell someone to go die in a fire, that's pretty harsh, but that doesn't mean "die" and "fire" should be filtered words.
the point is it is profain in another language. English is irrelavent.
Quote from Apoc112 :niels, i can't speak for germans, but its certainly nothing i've ever heard of here...

thx to some international ctra-drivers the filter gets more and
more international words in it. maybe sometimes this is confusing
and maybe sometimes it does not fit, but overall, the sytem
is right.
yeah obey like a slave for the system
Quote from koolby :yeah obey like a slave for the system

the correct answer would have been:

YES SIR!
Quote from Apoc112 :niels, i can't speak for germans, but its certainly nothing i've ever heard of here... after a wiki search, i can only find that it's the dutch term for "consumption/tuberculosis", but sounds like its also used as an exclamation like "damn!"

odd that they would choose such a word, but it hardly seems like something that should be considered profain... there are plenty of things that i would consider offensive if used with that intent. for example, if you tell someone to go die in a fire, that's pretty harsh, but that doesn't mean "die" and "fire" should be filtered words.

It's not about what you find offensive. You don't even speak the language so it is not even possible you find that offensive.
Words or phrases can easily loose their meaning in translation.

A literal translation of a word or phrase that is considered offensive in one language, can sometimes seem strange to others.

Abusive language and gestures often have historical, religious or cultural connotations in the native tongue that is lost in translation.

I think we simply have to be advised by people from the various nations here, about what is or is not considered acceptable, and do the best we can.

There's gonna be the occasional 'typo' fluke or innocent mistake (as in this case), but as this thread shows, they can be easily sorted.

All in all, I think the system's a good-un.
btw thanks for changing the admin messages for using bad language
It was just stupid that it always said that you sweared at another playing while you could as well say F*CK I wrecked my car again, or something

And this guy TERING, I just wanna say he isn't a bad guy and that he doesn't want to insult anyone with his nickname, he means nothin with it. He's always friendly and host of a pro server on demo (yeah demo, some pretty good racers stuck down there).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG