The online racing simulator
Rewind Replay
(14 posts, started )
Rewind Replay
is there any way possible to rewind the replay when watching it
#2 - Davo
Nope, only fast forward.
k thanks anyway though
It's on the improvement suggestions list, though, and iirc it could be done in a compatible patch (not 100% sure about this, so please correct me if I'm wrong).
#5 - Jakg
...? It would require a LOT of code to do!
What's that got to do with it being compatible or not? It doesn't affect online play, so that follows it could be a compatible feature.
Scawen noted rewinding of replays as a compatible request right here (look at the very bottom of his first post).
I also hope to increase this function,and hope that the administrator can take note of this Posts
It would be very useful if you could rewind

Also if their was a time line at the bottom, and easily can drag a slider to fast forward/rewind
Quote from Jakg :...? It would require a LOT of code to do!

Really? Not that I'm complaining, but replay rewind/fastforward/etc has been a pretty basic feature in many games for years now. I can't imagine it would trouble Scawen that much considering how fantastic the rest of the sim is.
yep, its a bummer we cant rewind
Quote from Lateralus :Really? Not that I'm complaining, but replay rewind/fastforward/etc has been a pretty basic feature in many games for years now. I can't imagine it would trouble Scawen that much considering how fantastic the rest of the sim is.

The way lfs replays work at the moment means that, to rewind, you'd have to have the physics engine coded to work backwards too.
Or you simply take snapshots of the simulation state each 30 or 60seconds or whatever (depends on the amount of memory it eats).

When user asks to rewind, it reloads the last snapshot, closest to the desired point of rewinding, and then fastforwards the physics to the exact desired timestamp.
Quote from Jakg :...? It would require a LOT of code to do!

I'm guessing LFS code is different, so kidnapping David Kaemmer and beating him with nettles until he gives up GPL's secrets hasn't been considered?

Rewind Replay
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG