The online racing simulator
FPS Stuck When Changing Controller
(4 posts, started )
Problem: FPS gets stuck on 64 or 32

Occurs when: changing controller from wheel to mouse (wheel is the initial steering input device when LFS is loaded)

Occurs with: at least S2 0.5P4 upwards, wheel drivers 4.50, 4.60

Specs: S2 0.5Q, Logitech cord ps2 mouse, Logitech MOMO Racing Force (black)

Workarounds: Close and reopen LFS with the mouse selected as the steering input

Description: Changing the controller in-game from the wheel to the mouse subsequently causes the FPS to remain stuck at either 64 or 32 until LFS is reopened
You're confusing me, bud.... Why do you even want to change your controller from wheel to mouse if you have a wheel. And, I'd love for my FPS to be stuck at 32, I drop to 20 often. I'd be estatic if I got stuck at 64!!!! I'm guessing you mean you're stuck at a maximum of 32.
32 is not my max, nor 64. I get a steady(ish) 70, 80 FPS while racing. What's bugging me is that while it's stuck at a seemingly good 64 FPS, it's not smooth. Normally while driving if the FPS drops to the 60s, event 50s it's still smooth, but when this bug occurs it says 64 but feels very jerky and the refreshing seems to become a lot less than 64.

I drive all other cars and even the XFG with the wheel. The only exception is that one combo. Why? because I'm so used to it, that even long after getting my wheel I'm still considerably faster and more consistent with my trusty rodent.
I think I know what you're saying now and think I see that sometimes too. I normally get steady mid 30ish frames and occationally drop to like 20 passing by the South City pit road and certain places. I expect the choppiness at 20 or under frames, but occationally I'll be see good 30's and the screen will be choppy. Only thing I do is back out of LFS and reboot the PC. Never gave it much thought since this PC is a piece of garbage and I'm use to having to quit and reboot often. Sorry I can't be much help. I don't switch controllers though. It just happens I jump online and see the choppiness at a decent-for-me frame rate.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG