The online racing simulator
How do you paint a real race car's colour on a skin template?
I am asking this because i want to put a V8 Supercar livery on an FXR which goes all around the car. Please help.
simple - LOW.
Lots
Of
Work

Basically, have a pic of what the car looks like from all angles, get all the sponsor logos, and put them on the equivalent place in the car.
#3 - Rish
What you need is the cmx viewer and a decent program for skinning (i use photoshop), Keep saving and viewing your skin in the cmx viewer to line up you details! If you have photoshop you could download the Master skinnerz skin kits, they include a wire frame of the car and make life sooo much easier.

Good luck!

Rish
Agreed with Rish, when i discovered MS kits with wireframe it was like : Ohh my god, i think you still exist !"

Now i have been improving myself since july "07, at this moment im pretty good at skinning, just finished WHOLE skinpack for team im in. The formula cars SUCK at skinning, there isn't a worster thing for skinning than formula cars...
That is crazy! so i have to keep looking at the car in cmx viewer so i can line it up??? Too Hard.
alternatively, you can try magic.
ask harry potter
no he only does GTRs..
Quote from hansonator69 :That is crazy! so i have to keep looking at the car in cmx viewer so i can line it up??? Too Hard.

May sound crazy but it's worth it. The finished product is whats most important... If you dont want to take the time then slap a # on your car and call it a day
#9 - Gunn
Quote from hansonator69 :That is crazy! so i have to keep looking at the car in cmx viewer so i can line it up??? Too Hard.

If you can open PSD files, try the Master Skinnerz Pro Kits. They contain a wire frame overlay to assist with lining your graphics up together. It can save a lot of time.

It's not hard, and it's not crazy. You're just lazy.
you could ask somebody else to do it for you. There are a lot of good skinners watching the request forum
#14 - Rish

Like i said the pro kits from skinnerz will help lining up with the shape of the car but a lot of guys avoid blending a shape from one side to the other, take a look in the finished skins sections, you'll see that on a lot of skins that look really good the skinner hasn't had to line anything up from one side to another!
(i'll be back with an example!)
But you are just being kinda lazy, if you do wrap your shapes from one panel to another people will notice! It doesnt take that long and it is worth it!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG