The online racing simulator
LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
Some of you may rememeber past LFS meetings:
1. Karting 2005: details / afterwards (thanks to Shaun)
2. Karting 2006: details / afterwards (thanks to Will / Tristan)
3. Race-sim centre 2007: details / afterwards (thanks to yours truly)
4. Karting 2008: ???

Since we've had two meetings in the midlands and one down south, it seems fair that the next should be up north. Of course I'm completely unbiased. Race sim centres don't seem that popular, so a return to karting seems in order.

Event Info
The venue: Karting North East - Map
The track: Large aerial photo, recent photos: 1, 2, 3.
The karts: 390cc twin engine 60mph karts, up to 25 on track at once
The event: Racing individually, everyone against everyone else. 15 minutes practise each, followed by 15 minutes qualifying, followed by a 30 minute race. Race data will be displayed on a plasma screen in the clubhouse so each team can see their progress. A presentation will be held in the clubhouse with trophies being awarded to each of the winning team as well as a medal for the fastest lap of the race.
The date: Saturday 23rd August 2008
The time: You need to arrive at the karting centre by 2pm. From about midday, people can meet at The Seaton Lane Inn, to get to know one another a bit before the battle commences. They seem to do a decent food and serve from midday, plus only a short drive to the karting centre.
The cost: £61.69 each - includes third party and personal accident insurance
50% deposit to be paid up front

Accomodation for those planning on staying the night:
http://www.newcastlehotels.net/
http://www.aboutbritain.com/Newcastle-upon-TyneHotels.asp

Update 27/01:
Polls are ready, please vote: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=689834#post689834

Update 19/02:
Polls closed and decisions made: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=713656#post713656
Please post to confirm or drop out!

Update 10/07:
Time to start making your minds up people!: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=860818#post860818
Please post to confirm or drop out!

Update 25/07:
Finaly deadline for the undecided set at 9th August: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=874915#post874915

Confirmed attendees: (20 people)
Bob's mate Mark [Cheque received from Alien T.]
Becky Rose - [PayPal payment received]
Bob Smith
ebola [Bank transfer received]
felplacerad - [PayPal payment received]
ferret [PayPal payment received]
JasonL220 + his father - [2x PayPal payment received]
jasonmatthews [PayPal payment received]
jk23 [PayPal payment received]
Joe_Keaveney [PayPal payment received]
kayjay [PayPal payment received]
Mackie The Staggie [PayPal payment received]
need [PayPal payment received]
nihil [Cheque received]
[SR] Keith - [PayPal payment received]
t1ger [Cheque received]
Victor [Bank transfer received]
xenocracy + his better half - [2x PayPal payment received]
Girly Spectators...
Bean0
STROBE - insists he is not a girl, but the event photographer

So nearly made it:
Mike Bingo [PayPal payment received] - refund given
Alien T. [PayPal payment received] - deposit donated to Mark R

Dirty drop outs:
ajp71, BigDave2967, bozo, Clownpaint, Dajmin, danowat, DavidSco, dmwright, driversbriefing, Forbin, Fordman, franky500, GFresh, GianniC, Intrepid, jaws99, JohnUK89, joshdifabio, jwardy, Krammeh, Madman_CZ, mcgas001, mcintyrej, mkinnov8, mrbogeyman, mr_x, Nathan_French_14, PaddyR, P1lot, Shotglass, the_angry_angel, The General Lee, teedot, thisnameistaken, three_jump, TomMK, tongey, tristancliffe, Vykos69, xWolFx, ayrton senna 87, Storm_Cloud, AMB, DaveWS, Funnybear, Greboth, J.Gent, james_bskt, kart-36, _Rob_, Skinny, sly_guy, StableX, Syfoon, z3r0c00l, b-rad, DeKo, Viper93 / Christopher Raemisch, Ian.H, AdanteFornax, Bladerunner, ImprezaGT, Lucasinio, Rish

People staying the night at my place (room for 6, perhaps 7 is somebody will make do with the sofa):
* Becky Rose
* ebola
* felplacerad
* need
* nihil
If it's in august I would try my best to come over again
I might even turn up for that, given that it's practically on my doorstep.
I'm interested as I'll be driving by then
I'd be interested, but I'd have to let you know closer how mortgages and racing budgets leave me wallet-wise...

But count me in at this stage - where there's a will, there's a way. Even if it's a bank raid.
Aww thats awesome. Hope you guys have some fun. I live too far away, even if I could join for free I would need a lot of money for traveling, taking vacation time and what not. But its a great idea and have fun
I dont mean to be a n00b but what is this...sounds fun
Hell yeah, count me in for that! .
#9 - Bean0
Would be rude not to turn up if it's that close
Quote from mcgas001 :I dont mean to be a n00b but what is this...sounds fun

Well we, the members of the LFS community, decide on a time and place for an LFS Meet (by majority vote and organiser whim), turn up, have a chat, do some karting, have some alcohol, and have a good time. Simple.

Obviously, places are limited, and sometimes we have had too many applicant, other times not enough. But it's a good day out, and there is a chance one/two or three of the devs might come (not unknown, although distance from London will likely keep them away).

It's not the cheapest weekend (hotels, drink, karting etc), but it's a good change to catch up with some of the guys you get to know on here, and battle it out LFS style, but for real.

And somehow, without intentions to do so, I always end up making a tit of myself (and not just at the driving bit!).
Quote from mcgas001 :I dont mean to be a n00b but what is this...sounds fun

It's pretty self-explanatory. A bunch of LFS dudes meet up at the same place and race some karts.
#12 - mr_x
Quote from Bean0 :Would be rude not to turn up if it's that close

what he said
Quote from tristancliffe :Well we, the members of the LFS community, decide on a time and place for an LFS Meet (by majority vote and organiser whim), turn up, have a chat, do some karting, have some alcohol, and have a good time. Simple.

Obviously, places are limited, and sometimes we have had too many applicant, other times not enough. But it's a good day out, and there is a chance one/two or three of the devs might come (not unknown, although distance from London will likely keep them away).

It's not the cheapest weekend (hotels, drink, karting etc), but it's a good change to catch up with some of the guys you get to know on here, and battle it out LFS style, but for real.

And somehow, without intentions to do so, I always end up making a tit of myself (and not just at the driving bit!).

Sounds great! if im driving by then count me in!
I wish you guys would do something like this on this side of the ocean.
Unfortunately, the US and Canada are a good deal larger and the of-age LFS population is a good deal smaller.

We've had a few small meetups, though.
I could be up for it
I'm also interested.
Quote from mr_x :what he said

Hope you got a big tent and a big garden Chris...your turn to put the team up
count me in for now.. but it will be down to what my transport is like when it comes to it. if i'm driving by then then hopefully should not be a problem

i notice there is also paintball right next door / part of it available. Dont know if anybody else would want to look into that also, as i would rather do that than kart (personally)
Quote from franky500 :if i'm driving by then then hopefully should not be a problem

Me, you...another guy up there.... LOL
I'm certainly interested.
However i WAS hoping for an LFS trip to the Lemans 24hrs , I know thats far more expensive, but i can hope
But yeah, i'm up for it, especially if Dan can pop by and pick me up on the way
*considers quickly*

*gives it a "HELL YEAH"*

*Wonders if he can tempt Sam to go too*

*Wonders if UKCT could put a couple of trackside banners together ¬_¬*
Really pushing the boat out by going so far up north, respect!
Sounds like a good idea but seeing as I'm applying to two car unfriendly universities (to do a motorsport course ) getting my own car/continuing an insurance policy on my Dad's isn't high on my priorities list so is there any information about rail access?

LFS UK Karting Meet 2008
(926 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG