The online racing simulator
Steering Locks and FFB..
(8 posts, started )
Steering Locks and FFB..
make each car have an independant steering lock and FFB, because i can drive the FXO with my Steering Lock perfect and nice FFB, but then change to the MRT5 and i have to lower them both.

this just saves making a mental note in your head to what they were before you change them
i dont understand all that.. i have a simple brain. lol

i just thought it would be nice setting the car you like to drive just how you want it then going to the next one and doing the same for that, and then if you wanna change over you have it sorted straight away. all ingame
But what if you want to have one FFB setting for all, then you need to go to every car and change it?

The script system is really simple. Just go to <LFS>\data\scripts and add a line to each CAR.lfs file setting the FF strength. So for example:

XRT.lfs
/ff 45

FXO.lfs
/ff 50

MRT.lfs
/ff 35

This way you can set up individual force feedback strengths per car. Dunno about the wheel rotation thingy, what exactly do you change there?
ah rite i see about the script thing, for the wheel rotation its on the Info.. i think..
Ok, I still don't fully understand what this setting actually does - I'm using a G25 with wheel turn compensation at 0.01, so whatever amount of steering lock the ingame car has, my wheel has the same - but there is a setting similar to the /ff command which is /wheel_turn.

So it would be

XRT.lfs
/ff 45
/wheel_turn 720

MRT.lfs
/ff 35
/wheel_turn 270

that looks like it!

oh good

would still be better tho if itcould be acheived ingame tho.
#8 - Woz
Quote from R3DMAN :make each car have an independant steering lock and FFB, because i can drive the FXO with my Steering Lock perfect and nice FFB, but then change to the MRT5 and i have to lower them both.

this just saves making a mental note in your head to what they were before you change them

Setting the FF per car is a pain and will never keep you happy. The FF will change as you change setups etc. Some setups feec lots of force to the wheel while other almost none.

IRL All cars have different levels of feedback that comes through the wheel.

Also if you have a G25 or DFP etc then set your wheel to 720 in CP and also in LFS. Set wheel comp to 1 and that will adjust the lock in every car for you automatically, even as new cars are added

Steering Locks and FFB..
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG