The online racing simulator
Computer makes an alarm sound when playing lfs
Ok ive had to end playing LFS as it makes my computer make an alarm sound from the hard drive. ive done virus scans etc but nothing related to LFS. Ending the game stops the noise

Please help missing the game
#2 - Jakg
Quote from J.P (GB) :Ok ive had to end playing LFS as it makes my computer make an alarm sound from the hard drive. ive done virus scans etc but nothing related to LFS. Ending the game stops the noise

Please help missing the game

when you say hard disk, have you hhad your pc apart? are you sure it isnt coming from the onboard speaker?
If you mean an alarm/beep from the case speaker, it could be an overheating problem, you cpu is working hard. Your PC specs would help anyone giving help to you.
sounds like cpu overtemp alarm for sure ,I had an a-bit mobo do this on me ,there was an option in bios to set the temp that the alarm came on and also a shutdown temp about 10 degrees above that .

I bet if you run 3dmark 03 or 05 for a few runs youll get the same noise.

solutions : reinstall cpu and heatsink with good qual thermal compound
open PC and dust the fans /grilles
move rear of PC away from wall/curtain/radiator to allow ventilation
check bios incase high cpu temp alarm set to 35 deg or something

goodluck.

SD.
:iagree:

And if you are not a comp guru, install MotherBoard Monitor (http://mbm.livewiredev.com/download.html) or some program like it. It can measure your CPU temp, so if it is too high, you know what to do...

Send us your PC spec. to help us determine if CPU temp is high or not...
Ahh i had an overheating problem before and had to get a new heat synk.

Computer specs....errrr.......i'll do my best think i can track them down somewhere.

Hmm its beside a radiator and curtain...always knew that would be bad.

How do i run bios again to check tempertaures etc?
During POST(black screen witha a lot text on it..) press DEL(on some system can be F2, CTRL+ALT+S... it is typed on screen). In BIOS should be something like HardWare monitoring, PC Health Status or something like that...

If you wanna check your hardware, install 3DMark03(http://www.futuremark.com) and send us the XML file that it generates.
I am going to try getting another fan, just the type for cooling a room and aim it at the hole for the other fan, run it a few mins before starting LFS and see how it goes! I'll get back to you all on his encase soemone else has this problem
Quote from J.P (GB) :I am going to try getting another fan, just the type for cooling a room and aim it at the hole for the other fan, run it a few mins before starting LFS and see how it goes! I'll get back to you all on his encase soemone else has this problem

the fan hole you are aiming at could be blowing air out better although not fully recognized as good working practice would be to open left side panel of case and point deskfan airflow into innards of pc .

SD.
Thanks Sprakydave never thought it could be blowing air out....i cant just take one side off the case mines is all joined together so i dont fancy leaving it open or removing it every time to play lfs...I'll give it more thought
ahhh sounds like a Brand name pc those silly cases

SD.
really helps get some dust in there and the cat whoops spilt some coffee in it .

SD.
it sounds like your prosessor is to hot as i had the same problem(the beeping) and i bort a new heatkink and naw its all sorted and my pc runs nice and cool, i whouldnt keep runing like that justincase you burn your prosessor
Google Motherboard Monitor, and then play LFS, and once you hear the beep close LFS and check the high/low temperature. Alarm I think is 70 degrees C
Thanks apex...i got MotherBoard Monitor 5 soemthing. It says the alarm is 70deg...but its showing my computer to be running at 0deg alll over....Anyone wanna help me with this?
My computer is under roof. It is about 3°C there
Quote from J.P (GB) :Thanks apex...i got MotherBoard Monitor 5 soemthing. It says the alarm is 70deg...but its showing my computer to be running at 0deg alll over....Anyone wanna help me with this?

Some (cheaper) Mainboards do not have any temp sensors, so yes, might be that there is just nothing to display.
Ive found the hole at the back with the fan behind it drawing air in...Im going to try pointing the fan at it.
Quote from J.P (GB) :Thanks apex...i got MotherBoard Monitor 5 soemthing. It says the alarm is 70deg...but its showing my computer to be running at 0deg alll over....Anyone wanna help me with this?

could be because you dont have any sensors in the other place it takes tempeture values from.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG