The online racing simulator
...worried
(32 posts, started )
...worried
Hi

first of all, i'd like to say that lfs is one of the best, if not the best online racing game i've ever played, and im enjoying every minuite of it. I bought my full lisence last night. I am getting a wheel for christmas - a logitech of somkind not sure yet.

But upon entering some races it says that "you are not licenced to drive .... " on some cars.

Does this mean i have to complete all the tutorial/training?

Im racing mainly offline until i'm quick, but obviously if this message keeps comeing up then i'm not going to have much fun in the future

can somebody inform me of what to do please =] will be much appriciated
Hey Welcome to the world of LFS , Its ok to be slightly worried but its no problem. LFS just has certain servers with programs running to make it more fun. You have the licence your entitle to everything. If it says about licence try !help in some servers it might help

Once again congrats on S2 licence
You are either trying to race on CTRA servers, cruise servers, or some other server that is running an Insim app.

Which servers in particular are you having issues with?, as different servers will have different rules / licenses etc.

There are plenty of servers without these apps, but if I were you, I would start by using the CTRA XFG/XRG server, it gives good, populated racing, but be aware, it can get a bit rough at times.

Anymore info, just ask, we are here to help
Quote from danowat :You are either trying to race on CTRA servers, cruise servers, or some other server that is running an Insim app.

Which servers in particular are you having issues with?, as different servers will have different rules / licenses etc.

There are plenty of servers without these apps, but if I were you, I would start by using the CTRA XFG/XRG server, it gives good, populated racing, but be aware, it can get a bit rough at times.

Anymore info, just ask, we are here to help

Yep
Hey, WOW fast reply!
cheers!
im not at home at the moment, should be working.... hehe but i'll get onto some CTRA XFG/XRG servers when i get back, crossed fingers..
I didnt know about servers having different rules, licenses etc, this should solve it

thanks again.

Ive abused the right to have free paper in the printers at work (!) and printed the whole lfs guide thing from the lfs site(63 pages) but its a bit out of date (S1). are there any other recomended guides out there please? cheers
I'd say the LFS Manual has all you need

Btw, welcome to S2
Bobs setup guide is WELL worth a read, it's a stack of info, but all of it VERY good, I would also recommend his setup analyzer, although it's not yet X30 (test patch) compatible, so unless you are running the new test patch you'll be fine.

The LFS wiki http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Main_Page should have all the required links.

But other than that, just jump in and have fun, there are plenty of friendly, helpfull racers about to help you out (aswell as some tools, but you get that anywhere), so don't be afraid to ask anything.
Aha That looks a more promising guide

I dont know what i printed then ! i got some other guide that i found on google :P Wow, the community for this game is amazing you guys are so helpful thanks !

In future instead of starting a new thread i'll just post my problems in here. Thanks for now guys, see you on the race track
Do i have to download patches manually?
becuase on other online games (world of warcraft) if there are any new patches, then they auto download when you boot the game, and i havnt seen anything for my lfs yet. Or is it all going on in the background when i load lfs.exe ? ty
No worries,

We accept cheques, credit cards, cold hard cash, or strawberry bonbon's

edit :

Test patches are manual downloads (but I wouldnt recommend using them considering you are new), full patches are auto-downloads, you will get a "warning" when looking for a server if one has been released.
haha
Hi, ive been racing a bit more over the past few days, but i cant understand some servers and rules. Like CTRA - what exactly does it mean? i've been on a site about it and looked for buying lisences but i cant find anything, and when ever i join it says to me that "you are not licenced to drive .... " on some cars.". thanks.
The CTRA are points based servers, which have a multi tiered licence system.

CTRA Race 1 is the entry level server, running XRG and XFG. Gain enough points to gain a silver licence on this server and you will be permitted to use certain cars on CTRA Race 2, a predominantly GTR based server. Points are gained by taking into account experience, finishing position and lap times.

A similar system works for the CTRA single seater servers and 'bump and jump' servers.

Basically, if you can't drive a car, gain more points on the entry level servers first. You will learn a lot in the process.

Hope this helps...
Hey, thanks for the fast reply, i have found the entry level CTRA and am reading the rules now. Thanks
Hi (again)

my replays are not in the "raf" folder, and they are named as

"examplereplayname.spr"

so i cant load them in analyse for speed, which i have been told is VERY good. But sadly i cant find out .... any thing i need to do ? like download a converter or somthing ? or change a setting in AFS
You need to play the replay, and from the menu select output raf, this will output a raf file you can use in an analyser
Aha !

ty
I cant find this option... in the menu, under which tab please? thanks
Quote from james_bskt :I cant find this option... in the menu, under which tab please? thanks

You can only extract a .raf file from a singleplayer replay (or maybe even only hotlap files, I can't remember it now).

Once you play that replay you can push ESC and then there will be the "Output lap data" option (or something like that, I'm sure there's a "output" there! :tilt which you can push, choose a name and then the game will output the .raf data from the next lap.

If you can't find the "output" option on any given replay it's because it's a multiplayer replay and then you can't extract .raf files from it.
Once the "next lap" is done, the .raf will be saved with the name you chose before and stored at the "raf" folder on LFS.

Then you can load it on the Telemetry (Analyze for Speed is one of them) programs.
er Welcome to S2

When I annouced I got s2, I had looooooooaaaaaaaaadssssss of replies
Hi

thankkssss

Also, i just made an autocross layout, exactly like my fav. kart track. Im sure others will like it, ive made it an online game, can someone check if it's working please? or if at least it is showing up on the "Display List" ?

It is called: " Karter's !! Rye House - UK! MRT "

Thanks again

james
Hi

I am getting a steering wheel for christmas, just wondering if it is a good choice, seeing as i don't want to get an expensive first one in case i dont enjoy using a wheel.

At the moment i'm just using my keyboard, which is not too bad, but as others have said, i can only have 100% throttle/brake/steering or 0% using the arrow keys, so a wheel seems best for this game.

Here is the wheel i'm ordering...

http://www.ciao.co.uk/click.php/c2pid/5393026

Thanks
Hey.

I had that wheel as my starter wheel although it isn't as good as other wheels such as the DFP. It is however a great little starter wheel! I had mine for about a year before I moved onto a G25 and I loved the lil thing lol.

Hope that helps a little
Hi

Thanks, yes that does help I read some reviews and it looks really good, actually im quite excited about getting it hehe.

Cheers
Any way of getting AI players on autocross layouts? ive made a kart track, rye house, you may have seen it in the autocross section, but i've no -one to race with so is there any way of loading AI drivers onto it ?

Thanks

...worried
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG