The online racing simulator
EVGA Step-up program?
(5 posts, started )
EVGA Step-up program?
Well, I want to try the EVGA step-up program and upgrade from my current G80 8800GTS to the new G92 GTS. Has anyone else had experience with EVGA's step up program? What I already know is that they do not support cross-shipping. How much would it cost to step up from a now $364 card to the new one which costs $360?
#2 - Gmm
You've to registrer your evga online, and It will appear how much you'll have to pay for the new GTS.
#3 - Jakg
Remember eVGA work on the RRP of the card, NOT of the ACTUAL cost of the card from retailers...
Ok, because I may use that as a cheaper option of fixing the heat problem on my current one (It IDLES at 70C with the fan at 100%) instead of spending ~$80 for the heatsink and a seperate fan to put on it. As far as I know there are only 2 heatsinks avalible on Newegg that will fit an 8800 GTS, GTX, or Ultra, and they both go for around ~$60 each.
Well, looks like I will actually be stepping up to the new one for free! (excluding shipping). Beats the hell out of spending ~$70 to keep this one cool.

EVGA Step-up program?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG