The online racing simulator
Best combo's to show-off LFS
(14 posts, started )
When people come over to my house they sometimes want to have a spin (or I force them to have a spin) at my G25 and ofcourse LFS.

But I always find it it difficult to choose a car/track for them to start with; the slower cars might be too "boring"; but they won't be able to control the faster ones...

So what combo's do you guys use to introduce new people to LFS ?

AngeloLedda.
FBM at Blackwood
I find that the FXO on any of the south city tracks in X30 is good fun.
I usually do FZ5 with a easy to drive setup in SO long. Lots of speed, lots of controlled, fun driftage.
The comment of one of my friends was "now I know why some people spend 250.000€ on a car. If its anything like this, I WANT one!"
I think it would be best to use one of the "back heavy" cars like XRG, XRT or FZ50 are best for showing off the excellent physics of the cars. While the FBM and other such cars are certainly nice, they don't give the same "wow" feeling of realism right away IMO.
Quote from Gnomie :I think it would be best to use one of the "back heavy" cars like XRG, XRT or FZ50.

How are the XRG and XRT "back heavy" if they are front-engined? Now, the FZ50 is back-heavy because it is rear-engined.
When the guys come over for BBQ from my car club - we normally go with the RB4 and Blackwood Rallyx.

4WD rocks
Well, my friends always want to choose the BF1 for the start, and I open them KY Oval for an easy one. But when they realize they spin it in first gear, then I give them UF1 and one of the SO tracks. Then they leave.
Showed the game to my dad one day, and he really enjoyed racing Ky3 with the GTR cars. Of course he allways braked too late, but after some tries he really enjoyed it. I did give him much FOV tho, so it looked like it was going faster than it really was
Quote from psychometalist :Well, my friends always want to choose the BF1 for the start, and I open them KY Oval for an easy one. But when they realize they spin it in first gear, then I give them UF1 and one of the SO tracks. Then they leave.

haha made me laugh but yeah FXO and and some city track is fun, epecially the new chicane route
RB4/FXO at Aston Club is an easy one.

If you want to do a demo run to show off stick FO8 @ SO4 on and turn the volume up. That always works a treat for me.
Quote from wheel4hummer :How are the XRG and XRT "back heavy" if they are front-engined? Now, the FZ50 is back-heavy because it is rear-engined.

What I meant is it's quite easy to get the back end out because they're so heavy.

I'd show him the XRG with Bob's road going set. Feels close to real IMO.
FZ50 with Bob's Easy race setup is very nice. You DON'T want a tail happy car to show off LFS as it's too easy to just spin if you've never tried it. With the XRT, I haven't found a setup that doesn't just spin out or drift non-stop. Very bad car to show off LFS.

The LX4 is an excellent one as well. Very good handling and it's quick too. FBM is extremely easy to drive (can't make that one spin out) as well as the XFG or FXO.
XFG @ SO3r
LFR @ KY2

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG