The online racing simulator
Very annoying Problem :@
(9 posts, started )
heya...
ive been having this problem for 2 days now and im pissed.
really pissed.

every few mins my USB seem to "die" means, my mouse (or any other USB stuff) wont be powered/work anymore.
after 1 min or so it seems win has fixed the problem, then i have to unplug my mouse and put it back in...every few minutes. :@

what ive tried so far...
checked my HD for errors.
did a virus scan (but it aint a virus anyway, happens under linux too).
did a defrag.
tried every USB plug available.

what could be causing this?
i cant play no more games, heck i cant even browse the web anymore without unplugging my mouse several times.

ive really got NO money atm, so a new mobo is a no-go (id go for a new socket anyway, so id need new cpu as well).

i really really really need to fix that.

any help appreciated.
Open the case and make sure everything is connected properly?
it is...not a cable problem.
Well, it doesn't sound software related, if it the problem occurs in both 'Dows and Linux.

How many USB ports do you have? Do all of them just fail or just one/two?
#5 - arco
Added any new USB peripherals lately, and then the problems started? Could be they are maxing out the power on the USB ports. Try to borrow an external HUB with it's own power source to see if that fixes it. Try a bios update too.
Quote from The General Lee :Well, it doesn't sound software related, if it the problem occurs in both 'Dows and Linux.

How many USB ports do you have? Do all of them just fail or just one/two?

i have 4.
same with all of em, seems like my whole USB stuff loses its power in "the" moment.

Quote from arco :Added any new USB peripherals lately, and then the problems started? Could be they are maxing out the power on the USB ports. Try to borrow an external HUB with it's own power source to see if that fixes it. Try a bios update too.

i had an external HD plugged in all the time, but its unplugged like everything else.
problem remains.
ive got the tip about the hub with external power source, but the question is can i plug it onto my mobo?
it wont be any good if i use the normal plugs, since the regulary fail.
Is it really your whole USB stuff or just your mouse? I just know from experience that after long use mouse cables tend to break due to fatigue (I'm already quite adept at fixing mouse cables via cutting and soldering ). This can then have the effect of your mouse pointer going haywire at random times, or the mouse switching on and off randomly.

Maybe the failing mouse shorts out the USB plug and causes the whole USB system to reset? Might be worth to try a different mouse and see if it still happens.
everything does fail...HD, gamepad ect.
dont have a different mouse to try ><

edit...ive found a mouse...didnt have the problem again yet, seems really to be the mouse
i like this mouse...
now i have to see what ill do.
seems like it really was the cable what made my whole USB malfunctioning.

ive switched the cable from my old mouse with the one from my current mouse (both logitech <3) and everything works fine.

thanks for that tip android

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG