The online racing simulator
Clutch heat must be important, my car has a clutch cooling fan/system. Car designers don't put cooling systems in for things that don't explicitely require it.
Quote from tristancliffe :Clutch failure won't stop gear changes. They'll be fine.

Clutch heat might make starts more interesting, but as each start will give you a brand new clutch I don't think it'll be an issue, except perhaps the BF1.

I don't know what real racing you do shorty, but I doubt you notice clutch heat before engine and brake temps.

That's right. It wont affect gear changing.
Most clutch failures actually happen on the start line.
Like I said, get held just a bit too long before the green light, a finely set clutch begins to over-heat, and your lucky if you actually get off the line.

I raced speedway sidecars mainly mate.
Against world champions like Jack Findlay.
That is a Barry Sheene TR 750 engine you are looking at there.

When the International rule book says brakes are not allowed to be fitted to the motorcycle for speedway.
Well, that's just one less thing to go wrong isn't it.
Attached images
Speedway4.JPG
Speedway7.JPG
Speedway6.JPG
Woah, that ride's got a definite post-apocalyptic look to it - are you part of Lord Humungous' crew?
heat...
I've always noticed my clutch seemed grab smoother when it's up to temperature. It will never start slipping just because it's warm or being pushed. It's more of a break, when the surface runs out it won't be able to hold the engine's torque as well..

I could see a glaze level of the clutch if your CONSTANTLY slipping it.. But you could slip a new clutch for a day or longer at a track without really doing much harm.

I like the temp just for a added touch (car doesn't perform up to par untill it's warm). But temperature doesn't have a impact of holding torque unless your glazing it from slipping, and that realllly takes alot of slipping.

I could see blowing an engine from downshifting, and sit out the race or untill you can get pitted in (maybe a black flag.. untill it pits you). Or brake temperature with grip levels being more of a needed necessity on a insim game.
Agreed. Shoot, even my Cavalier's ferro carbon brakes (Hawk HPS, marked for street use not race) won't grip very well until they heat up!
i have been reading most of this thread and still dont get it..

1. are you talking about an update that WILL come, or that IS OUT?
2. is it allready in the game? (clutch overheating)
It is included in test patch X30 onwards (current test patch is X32). Look in the Patch TEST Forum for more info.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG