The online racing simulator
Upcoming Patch = Me Noob
(16 posts, started )
Upcoming Patch = Me Noob
Hi,

Since Patch X30 cam out, I have been fiddling around, trying to recover from the 'big bang' the patch made to my general skills. Drifting has got really different now, more realistic for sure, but harder in a way. Just look at the replay. I could usually do 9 laps of Fern Bay Gold REV before my tires when flat. Now after 4 laps, I can't do anything else. I'm pretty sure I could make them last longer, but that's where I'm stuck. Should I:

-Drift less with less aggressivity
-Tune my setup to *try to* gain 1/2 laps

For the 2nd choice, what are the things I should look at?

I'm using a Locked Diff, and 35 PSI all corners.

I'm probably going to look like a dumb, but yeh oh well I better ask it now then when the Official Patch comes out..

thanks in advance

Edit: This thread is talking of setups but almost technique, so I don't really know where to post it
I`M n00b in the new patch aswell
I do not drift, but races mostly. Meh in new patch = FAIL.

But damn, I enjoy it, it`s fun doing small misstakes here and there, its not like hotlaping anymore. At least thats how I feel about it.
Quote from The Very End :I`M n00b in the new patch aswell
I do not drift, but races mostly. Meh in new patch = FAIL.

But damn, I enjoy it, it`s fun doing small misstakes here and there, its not like hotlaping anymore. At least thats how I feel about it.

Or it could just be the 'Oh shit I hate physics updates' syndrom. Which would go away in a few weeks...

Look at this replay, I spin like a mad now...
#4 - Mc21
Yeah the tyres are much more harder to keep.

Just do a pitstop every couple of laps lol..
Hehe, there`s maybe something there
With time I`ll maybe will be back to my old pace on the track, but for now I`Ll happely 2 sec`s behind my old times xD

Just me that have some trouble with new gearing, something I shouldn`t have, since it`s really easy. Probally just lack of experience with the new patch, haven`t had time to tested it that much do to christmas preperations.
the clutch in my opinion is too easy to blow. launching the car damages it, and a few hard shifts damages it too. "a good driver can make a clutch last years, a bad driver can burn one in a matter of hours". assuming we are all bad drivers, should the clutch last longer

/OT
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :the clutch in my opinion is too easy to blow. launching the car damages it, and a few hard shifts damages it too. "a good driver can make a clutch last years, a bad driver can burn one in a matter of hours". assuming we are all bad drivers, should the clutch last longer

/OT

Many have mentioned that in other topics. I don`t have any real life experience when it comes to racing, or driving a car for that matter. What I do know is that old people seems to burn out the clutch fast, but still when I say fast that means weeks or months with driving. I and some other thinks that the current clutch system in LFS is a little too sensitive, but yet again - I don`t have real life experience to say anything for sure if it`s right or wrong.
Yeah clutch is easy to burn out, personal best at blockwood in xfg at hotlap pace is 7 laps! Maybe they should add a "changing gears" part in the lessons for us clutch destroyers! (could some one point out how to use it properly?) so far im using auto clutch with sequential gears adn still burning it out. I let off the throttle when changing up gear, do i need to apply throttle when changing down a gear? like throttle blip used to do ?

As for driting iv not tried it yet but if tyres popping early all I can think of is maybe upping the tyre pressure(not sure, but if i remember harder pressure means tyres stay colder for longer?im not that technical with setups )? and pitting more regular
Quote from lil chris :Yeah clutch is easy to burn out, personal best at blockwood in xfg at hotlap pace is 7 laps! Maybe they should add a "changing gears" part in the lessons for us clutch destroyers! (could some one point out how to use it properly?) so far im using auto clutch with sequential gears adn still burning it out. I let off the throttle when changing up gear, do i need to apply throttle when changing down a gear? like throttle blip used to do ?

As for driting iv not tried it yet but if tyres popping early all I can think of is maybe upping the tyre pressure(not sure, but if i remember harder pressure means tyres stay colder for longer?im not that technical with setups )? and pitting more regular

It depends. More camber + more pressure = inner part will tend to heat faster and tire pop earlier. -1 or 2 psi - carmber = might save half a lap. You have to dose, but I'm not too good at this. And pitting is for f4gs... Drift 'till they pop y0!
Talking of clutches... I've seen an S2000 with sticky tires launch at the limiter in autox several times. I think he span the wheels the first 4 times and then the clutch slipped pretty badly the 5th time. But in general, I definitely think the clutch heats up too quickly.
I love the changes. Saying that, I have only been racing the FBM at the new South City combo. But I am very quick in that combo already.

Serves you right for being a drifter I guess

I'm joking...
Quote from Riders Motion :...

You're imagining things because the only change in tire physics has been to the racing tires (R1, R2, and R3 but not R4 I think Scawen said).
Quote from ajp71 :You're imagining things because the only change in tire physics has been to the racing tires (R1, R2, and R3 but not R4 I think Scawen said).

I *think* they have been changed up on the street tires, because even with the same sets i use in patch X, the tyres heat up alot quicker than before. Idk, maybe im imagining it too?
Quote from ajp71 :You're imagining things because the only change in tire physics has been to the racing tires (R1, R2, and R3 but not R4 I think Scawen said).

Look... Here's a replay of THE SAME setup, SAME TRACK on Patch X... Am I still imaginating things?

PS: I heated the tires to 100 before starting to drift and after 3 laps they we're not yet popped... You wouldn't do this on Patch X30...
Quote from lil chris :so far im using auto clutch with sequential gears adn still burning it out. I let off the throttle when changing up gear, do i need to apply throttle when changing down a gear? like throttle blip used to do ?

If you get back on the throttle too early when shifting then the auto-clutch will still be partly engaged and you'll end up slipping it a bit when going into the next gear, which will cause it to heat up quite quickly. You can tell your clutch is heating up too much when you can hear it easing into the next gear instead of banging in right away. Just make sure that a) you lift off the throttle enough between shifts and b) you give the autoclutch enough time to slip it into the next gear before stomping on the throttle again. If your clutch heats up too much and begins slipping, just ease off of the throttle a bit and take it easy with the speed of your shifts until you can tell that the clutch is no longer slipping.
Quote from Scawen :Tyres R1, R2 and R3 now heat up a little more quickly and wear more quickly. The tiny bit of increased heating also results in a tiny bit more rolling resistance. If your tyres are overheating, you should use the next R number up - that is intended.

All other tyres and all other aspects of tyre physics are not changed.

:dopey:

Upcoming Patch = Me Noob
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG