The online racing simulator
I have to say im very disapointed :(
I love LFS i really enjoy it but ever since the new patch has come out i dont enjoy racing as i love the new patch the only thing i dont like is the change in surface i find it to be very low grip and after numerous setup changes i cant get anywhere near my old times around blackwood in the xfg. My psonal best on the old track was 1.36.28 no i understand the track is diffrent but my new personal best is now 1.37.89 which is really really upsettign when im still seaing people doing 1.33's everything else i love about the new patch i think on the old surface with the new car it would be ace with all the new features to. My little moan over

thanks Ashley
#2 - Gunn
Keep toying with your setups mate, you'll be back on top before you know it.
Well if it makes you feel any better, or you just fancy a laugh, click on that little coloured stripey thing under my post count on the left and have a look at my stats.

You're quicker than me already, and i've been here for two and a half years

As Gunn said, stick with it, it will get better.

<-------click that thing.
I have only been racing the FBM @ South City Chicane and I really enjoy everything that has been changed.

But my usual combo is the FOX @ AS Club and I know that when I go back to it, it will will take me a few laps to get quick and maybe a few races to get back up to my usual standard.

Just keep practicing mate, it comes with most updates, sadly.
I think its a good thing, means we have to push to relearn how to become quicker with each incompatable patch. Its fun. Stick with it.
I hav to say i sorta retrack my statement slightly i love the old surface but one of my team mates (lives for boobs love you but not in a gay way) has helped me loads tonight and now ive got it back to 1.36.78 so hopefully i should get it down a bit more.

Merry christmas everyone.

Ive only been racing about 1 month and half.

A
Live for boobs? Who doesn't?

I find that most of the changes are in my head. When we had clutch pre-load, I hated it. I couldn't drive for toffee. I couldn't get the right balance of over steer and under steer. I stopped playing for a couple days, because I thought "Whats the point, I'll only run wide and crash" then one day, I was cured. Knowing that the track isn't the same, will make your confidence and mentality go tits up (no pun intended).

Once you get it out your system, you will be fine. As you are now.
WEll,with patches comes relearning.

as the big patch with the BF1..
that made me stop racing LFS for a few months..
i just couldn`t stand the physikchances they made that time..

but now i love it..i just needed a break from it so i colud get back from "75%" skilllevel..

i dont find the same problems as u with blackwood.

if its any comfort..go for a spin with Race07..that makes u like the surface in LFS
you have to change your focus. laptimes are ok to look at for training and setup-purposes... but in a race all that counts is your position (yeah, I know, it's somewhat related to laptimes... but you get the point). all the other drivers are in the same boat.

the story is a bit different if you don't like the feel of a change in LFS. because at the end of the day you want to have a great experience and fun while playing, not only a fast laptime.

I therefore even reject some (possibly) faster setups; they don't feel good, and if at all, they only make me happy once a lap (when the time is shown :razz, whereas a nice set gives me a good time all around the track.

... i'm having such a déjà-vu right now...
Hi guys,

Personly I dont really like the second and third sector of blackwood, but I think it need's abit of getting use to?

Matty
Well i'm totally the opposite to the OP my PB was around low 1.36.xx but after a couple of laps on the new track i'm into the high 1.35's and loving then new challenge!!
I second what Bandit77 said.

The new physics require new settings. But if you make a set that is good to drive for you personally. Then the possibility that it's drivable even after a physics update is better.

I think the really fast sets are ones that exploit the weakneses of the physics model and as a result they don't survive physics updates.
Just use the program that updates your setups so you can use them in the new patch. I didn`t notice any change, and it seems to be as good as it was before.
Change your gear ratios. With the new realistic red lines and power band the gear ratios really matter. My old blackwood set (partyboyU or whatever) was geared too tall, because the new track is tighter. I easily cut 1-2 seconds off my lap time just by fixing the gear ratios.
Strangely enough, I have an impression that X30 has more grip. Or maybe all the cars became easier to drive FZR is the only car I managed to spin out, even FO8 is behaving amazingly well. Also, my laptimes are 0.5 sec faster, even though I only use the default setups in X30 versus setupfield ones before. Mind you, I am still bad

And I like the new blackwood very much. GUI changes suck ass though.
With the changes in the test patch you should really forget your old times, the changes mean that you will be slower. As soon as it is fully released I'll be deleting all my online PB's, always do with an uncompatable patch.

I know the XFR at Aston Club well, was in the 1:05.3/5's and now I'm about half a second slower and not been able to get into the 1:05's yet. That leads my to think that the WR's will be a little slower, have to wait and see.
Quote from garph :With the changes in the test patch you should really forget your old times, the changes mean that you will be slower. As soon as it is fully released I'll be deleting all my online PB's, always do with an uncompatable patch.

Yeah. I haven't tried the latest test patches (don't want my x-mas present just yet), but deleting my pb's will be the first thing I do when patch Y is out.
May I ask what date patch Y is out? also when will the WorldRecord hotlaps be deleted on lfsworld? (guessing when the patch if officialy release?) Thanks

ps not seen some one do a 1:33 on blackwood yet in XFG but I think its possible, 2 days of kaning it and managed 1:34.34 with mistakes!
oh goody, thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG