The online racing simulator
Clc Has Something To Celebrate
(12 posts, started )
CLC Has Something To Celebrate
CLIS has been around for a year now and we’d like to celebrate it with you.

16th of December 2006 seems like a long time ago, for some more than others. Most people won’t have known how important that date was for CLC, but hopefully this will help you to remember.

CLIS (CityLife In-Sim) was quite revolutionary for it’s time. (The very first In-Sim application developed towards one idea; cruising. Handling all of the attributes with one single application.) Unfortunately it was riddled with bugs and despite being a popular choice for those who wanted to play LFS and not race, it lost it’s value. After a few months a large part of bugs were fixed and stability was what we had initially hoped for. The rough water wasn’t over yet. The horrendous fines for speeding, going off track (lose car) and others really hindered our credibility. A lot of people lost interest and we suffered.

When we thought matters couldn’t get any worse, they did. A few other cruisers started their own interpretation of an In-Sim cruising application and it was a success. Only a few regulars kept with us.

Then along came CLIS 2.0. We finally had a product to compete with again. It was quite clear that our reputation/popularity has taken a big blow. Other cruising servers were sprouting out all over the place and it also became apparent there was a bit of hostility towards us cruisers from other LFS players. We took no notice though. The admin team was revamped with new guys coming in and others leaving. Unfortunately Monkster couldn’t give us the commitment/time we were hoping for. JasonJ was able to take over and continue. Updates and bug fixes are constantly being worked on. It’s needed too. With so many quests there’s a lot that can go wrong.

Then we arrived at the present day. More and more people are returning to our server after realising the fines aren’t as high anymore. Our complex system of commands, quests and police-work seems to appeal to people once more. And now, the very first birthday of CLIS is nearing. At the end of November we realised what milestone was coming closer. The cogs in our miniscule humanoid brains started to churn and we came up with a fun-day for celebrating.

We’ve organised a few events for you to celebrate it with us. All fines will be reimbursed. When no event is on, regular cruising will be open. Below you’ll find the agenda with a download to a planner with a short explanation of what everything is.