The online racing simulator
24h - Issues concerning the tracker
Hello all.

The tracker sometimes doesnt show the right standings. This is because some packets get lost. We dont know how this is happening, it might be the number of cars on the track or the number of people watching LFSSpectator. We will try to keep it as accurate as possible, but especially during the night it may happen that it will go a bit out of sync. We will make sure that we check the database for errors before we make the results final.

Thank you for your understanding.
Good to know, I'll probably be watching it here and there. Good luck to all participants!
#3 - sazea
I thing they are a big bug with the tracker! and this bug cost a lot.
I explain my situation : I was behind the leader when I got disconected (server bug cause 3 people were disconected). I become on the server and got disconected after 1 km and for 4 times (the pm too I thning) and on 5 minutes. When I was back, I was again just behind the leader, so they got me 1 lap right?, yes but the trackers give me +1 lap when the leader come and +4 cause I got disconnected 4 times! You don't see a bug?

The tracker count 1 lap if he see that someone is disconnected even the leader don't passt them, and if you are disconnected 4 time, the tracker count +4 lap...

It's not possible to resolved this thing?

(NB: sorry for my poor english)
I'm sure these bugs will be taken into account in the final standings, which consequently may not be the same as what the tracker displays. Although it's not for me to say..
Pierre: no, it's not quite like that, but say you disco at the end of a lap, then rejoin, drive another 3/4 lap and disco again you basically lost two laps in the time of one. That's how that much of a difference comes around.
#6 - sazea
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I'm sure these bugs will be taken into account in the final standings, which consequently may not be the same as what the tracker displays. Although it's not for me to say..

I hope you're right, but I don't think that will be do
#7 - sazea
Quote from Hoellsen :Pierre: no, it's not quite like that, but say you disco at the end of a lap, then rejoin, drive another 3/4 lap and disco again you basically lost two laps in the time of one. That's how that much of a difference comes around.

uh... for me :
If i drive a lap and I'm disconected but the leader hasen't pass me when i'm back on the road, I'm disconnected again, here the leader pass me so I got +1 Lap.

But for you :
If i drive a lap and I'm disconected but the leader hasen't pass me when i'm back on the road, I'm disconnected again, here the leader pass me when i'm back on the road, I lost 1 Lap cause the leader take me 1 and I lost again 2 Lap cause I've tried to do this 2 laps (but this 2 Lap was for only 1 (ex: 2 time tried to do the 50th lap) illepall

I think it's not very fair and ruin a very nice race like this 24h
I know it should not be like this and I wish it could be done another way, but it can't. Unless you have 15 admins that watch all 15 drivers and manually count every lap. We are using the tracker which is the best we can have. It works just like LFSWorld btw, there a lap that isn't finished isn't counted as well.

From personal experience (remember, I was disco'ing as well), I know how tough that is, but it can't be helped. I disco'ed 100m before the finish line the one time...
well, sorry for his bad english :P

so I think he want to say that with this tracker, when you get disconnected 2 times in a short time, you get 2 laps penalties, even if you (and the leader too) din't had the time to do at least one if you didn't diconnect

in a logical way, the tracker should count the lap you've done only when you finished it, and if you get diconnected, then, the lap will not count

edit : didn't see your answer before posting
Thx for the help Kid
I have been trying to hunt down lost and double packets for the last 3 hours. This results in a slightly different standing, especially at the rear of the field. However, we will not congratulate anyone until we checked the data of both trackers (we have the one you are all looking at, and one backup).

It is however important that (if possible) you send us a replay when you timed out after just crossing the finish line. If you can show you did a full lap, we will include this in the standings.

We will try to come with the official standings as soon as possible.
Reviewed the replay, but the driver did not cross the line. I am sorry, but I cannot count that. There were more cases of people who timed out 150m before the line, but we have to draw a line somewhere.

If you can provide me replays of the following laps, you might get some laps added to your overal number.

Lap 48 after about 2h45 and the 15 minutes after that (the point where you had a few disconnections in a row)

Lap 124 after about 12 hours.
ok, I'll try to provide you them as fast as I can
why are we two laps behind PM now? we were in the same lap when we finished.

23 - J.Hülsermann HFD
through PM's disconnects there were some laps that have not been counted. I think this is the official Result with all laps
Uhm, did we get a penalty? and if we got one, i would be interested what we got that penalty for. or where comes the red +1 field from which is positioned beneath our entry in the complex tracker?
The red +1 can also be a lap that was double counted by the tracker. If your penalty isnt listed in the penalty thread, no penalty was counted.

As for the replays of shock.fx:

The first replay posted timed out before the finish line.

The second set of replays. Only moe_24h_sazea_2.mpr showed a full lap that was not counted by the tracker, so they will get that lap back.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG