The online racing simulator
Realistic Tire Pressure
(14 posts, started )
Realistic Tire Pressure
Since the introduction of the new patch, the tires heat up WAYS faster than before, we now have to be more realistic in setting up our cars. I have been fiddling around, trying to find a realistic amount of pressure to use in each car. After looking at a few tires brand, specs and everything, I came with this:

Street Cars: Suggested tire pressure is between 45-50 Psi.

Can someone investigate a bit on race tires? Single Seaters... GTRs...

I'm using 50 PSi since the introduction of the new patch and it feels really naturals. Tires aren't stretching like mads, and they heat up much more normally. I'd like to update this thread and make a list so peoples get a good base to start with. Thanks!

#2 - Woz
Quote from Riders Motion :
Since the introduction of the new patch, the tires heat up WAYS faster than before, we now have to be more realistic in setting up our cars. I have been fiddling around, trying to find a realistic amount of pressure to use in each car. After looking at a few tires brand, specs and everything, I came with this:

Street Cars: Suggested tire pressure is between 45-50 Psi.

Can someone investigate a bit on race tires? Single Seaters... GTRs...

I'm using 50 PSi since the introduction of the new patch and it feels really naturals. Tires aren't stretching like mads, and they heat up much more normally. I'd like to update this thread and make a list so peoples get a good base to start with. Thanks!

The sort of slicks used on most GTR spec cars DO stretch like mad IRL. They have VERY thing side walls and a small amount of surface rubber, Aussie V8s only have 4mm of surface rubber.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IqoVLu19DWQ

The tyre in the cam is on the left of the car so you need to wait for right turns to see the effect loading has on the tyre.

45-50pis sounds a little high for slick TBH
Between 15 and 25psi (including cold temps) is about the range for most single seaters. Probably 20 - 35 for bigger cars.
I've never heard of a car having 45-50 psi, unless it is a spare tire.

The most i've ever put in any car was my sisters' accord, which takes ~35 psi.
Quote from XCNuse :I've never heard of a car having 45-50 psi, unless it is a spare tire.

The most i've ever put in any car was my sisters' accord, which takes ~35 psi.

Well, if you look at specifications on Maxxis, Yoko or Toyo tires, they all suggest 50 psi for STREET USE. I know track is a bit different, but you CAN'T run flat tires neighter...

*Talking about 17'' rims with 235 patern...

Added links

http://www.maxxis.com/products ... roduct_detail.asp?id=5452

http://www.falkentire.com/fk452_sizes.html
Guess I'm not used to street cars, all we have is trucks
Quote from Riders Motion :they all suggest 50 psi for STREET USE. I

Max tyre pressure does not equal optimum tyre pressure optimum tyre pressure has not so much to do with the tyre itself but rather the loads and conditions the tyre is running under.

A street car with normal street tyres (not performance) may have a suggested pressure of 27-32psi but thats with an empty car with driver and a passenger maybe at speeds under 120km/h. They would suggest if the car is going to be loaded more on a regular basis to increase this by 4psi, also if you intend to drive at speeds above 120km/h it is generally recommended to increase tyre pressure by 4psi, but this is mainly to reduce the wear on the tyre not necessarily for any porformance gain.

In reality the correct pressure is determined depending on track condition, weather condition and the load/speed the tyre is subjected too, not so much the rated pressure on the tyre.
#8 - JTbo
My 185/60/14 street tyre had 32psi on street and 37psi on track IRL, car was 200kg lighter than XRG other specs pretty close similar.
Agreed, close to 40psi sounds about right for a modern-ish saloon an track with street tyres. I didn't think the patch affected the road tyres? Or at least I'm still running 27 psi in the XRT without problems.
Quote from Riders Motion :Well, if you look at specifications on Maxxis, Yoko or Toyo tires, they all suggest 50 psi for STREET USE. I know track is a bit different, but you CAN'T run flat tires neighter...

*Talking about 17'' rims with 235 patern...

Added links

http://www.maxxis.com/products ... roduct_detail.asp?id=5452

http://www.falkentire.com/fk452_sizes.html

Read the table titles again... Then again. Then, quickly again, whilst you are still capable of learning. M. A. X. P. R. E. S. S. U. R. E
I use around 38 psi on the street in real life. BMW Z3 Coupe on normal 17" summer tires. On the track I lower that somewhat, or else I will just be sliding around after one lap.

Most people I've talked to using normal tires on normal cars use a pressure between 30 and 40 psi on the track - depending on car, tire and driving style.
i run 32 psi on the street with 205/55 VR 15's.
#13 - Woz
When I had my BMW Mini Cooper I use 35psi.

Cant think of a single road car I have used more than 40psi in for the tyres.
40ish on my Passat for road use, slightly less for track. 225-45/17

Realistic Tire Pressure
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG