The online racing simulator
Problem with wheel and force feedback
Ive had LFS for a long time, but today when i started up the game and drove, the force feedback on my wheel wasnt working properly. The force always just wanted to center the wheel and nothing else. Anybody else run into this problem?
#2 - Waz
Quote from Phantez :Ive had LFS for a long time, but today when i started up the game and drove, the force feedback on my wheel wasnt working properly. The force always just wanted to center the wheel and nothing else. Anybody else run into this problem?

What wheel do you use?
I use Logitech DFP, and have exactly the same problem!

Mine started when I upgraded LFS from S2W to S2X. The force feedback just got a lot weaker than it was, and just pull the wheel to center position and no other effects. It alomost has no force around the center position, and nothing happens when I drive on curbs or in grass or dirt. I can not drive anymore because I cannot feel the tires.

The wheel works fine with other games, so it must be the LFS itself... I looked around this forum and some others but nobody seems to have this perticular problem... so I dont know what to do. Any suggestions?
I use the Thrustmaster Pro Force Feedback wheel. I just reinstalled my drivers again and i still have the problem. I used to drift in this game all the time but its almost impossible now. I started having problems after i installed drivers for my Logitech gamepad, which doesnt really make any sense to me.
#5 - Waz
Quote from yusuke :I use Logitech DFP, and have exactly the same problem!

Mine started when I upgraded LFS from S2W to S2X. The force feedback just got a lot weaker than it was, and just pull the wheel to center position and no other effects. It alomost has no force around the center position, and nothing happens when I drive on curbs or in grass or dirt. I can not drive anymore because I cannot feel the tires.

The wheel works fine with other games, so it must be the LFS itself... I looked around this forum and some others but nobody seems to have this perticular problem... so I dont know what to do. Any suggestions?

Maybe ur FF is turned off? If it isn't try to reinstall drivers.
My problem is fixed. I had to go into options, the under FF Devices, select 2. I guess when i installed the gamepad drivers, it set them as the device for the force feedback instead of my wheel. Hope that helps someone else!
Mine isn't... well I tried everything I could think of and nothing had worked. I changed FFB device and the wheel lost the beedback completely(as it should). I tried different settings on game controller properties but nothing... reinstalled driver... nothing.

It works great with other games so it must be the LFS... maybe I just need to wait for the next patch?
#8 - kompa
yusuke, does the wheel move according to the forces from the tires or is it more like a self centering effect? if the latter, try to set your wheel like this

if it still wont work you might need to unplug it, reboot and plug it in again
also check the controls menu in lfs in case some of the settings have been overwritten, mainly the axis/ff tab
OK its solved!

I changed a lot of things before getting the FFB back so I'm not sure what fixed the problem, but

Thank you so much everybody!
Also, make sure if you have any other gaming HID's that use the logitech drivers, that you make the profiler(if you use it) switch the selected device to ID 1, and that you have the right device selected. Thats about all I know.

The option is in global profiler settings.
I have almost the same problem, but no matter what I tried, doesnt seem to work. FFB always wants to center the wheel, no feedback from car at all. I get this error at startup:

DI : SetProperty - DIERR_UNSUPPORTED

Tried reinstalling the drivers, tried a fresh copy of lfs, the new test patch, profiler, like evertyhing. Doesnt work. It was ok yesterday, didnt even restart my PC since then. Any ideas?
Anyone? Cant practice without proper ffb
Unplug the wheel from the computer and the wall, and plug it back in again?
Quote from tristancliffe :Unplug the wheel from the computer and the wall, and plug it back in again?

Tried everything, unplugged from pc, unplugged the ac adapter, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled them, tried 2 different versions, tried a clean copy of lfs, new patch, previous one, still the same. Im totally clueless.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG