LOL: "w00t" crowned word of year!!
(54 posts, started )
Another nail in the coffin for the English language. And Americans wonder why foreign people want to blow them up. :rolleyes:
#3 - Rish
Quote from thisnameistaken :And Americans wonder why foreign people want to blow them up.

Thats a bit harsh lol.

God damn yanks messing up the English language.
Quote from That Moronic Article :"People look for self-evident numeral-letter substitutions: 0 for O; 3 for E; 7 for T; and 4 for A," he said. "This is simply a different and more efficient way of representing the alphabetical character."

WHAT? How the hell is it more efficient? It's more difficult to read, takes longer to type. The only thing more efficient about 'l33t speak' is that it takes less time for the reader to realize that you are, in fact, a moron.
How can it be crowned a 'word', when it isn't even a word? (Since when do the numbers count as letters?)

The fact that dictionaries actually ADD such words and dumb phrases worries me. The "English language" would be fine if it kept it the same. The movie Idiocracy surely represents a reality for the future .
Great movie!
If Europeans would move to the USA we'd have the same issue
#8 - Rish
*waiting for someone to reply with "w00t"
Rish, I was just about to say that but I thought it'd be too childish
w00t111

Seriously if they were to add 'woot' to the dictionary then I'd understand it, but still think it's pretty sad that internet phrases can be considered words, if they're going to add it they could at least write it in English rather than l33t speak. How long will it be until Collins offer a translation of the dictionary in leet?

Quote from hrtburnout :If Europeans would move to the USA we'd have the same issue

Sadly I sometimes have to wonder whether if that's the case, then that thought is almost always ended by some American on youtube doing something even dummer :doh:
w00t xD t3h 0wn4g3 lulz
#12 - Rish
Erik........too childish? Didn't i see you wearing a SpongeErik skin??
At least I don't do the hula on youtube .
Handbags at the ready...
t3h 7337 4|\/|3R1C4!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this is rediculous, next year it'll be "UB3R-P|/\||\|7!!!!"

If w00t is considered a word then there must be no way to spell a word wrong in the new english language.
Rappa you are a poetic genius.

And people need to stop complaining about America and Britain and the like. First they hate others, then they hate themselves.

And wow. Word of the year? THAT'S WHACK.
Actually, CriticalDrift, that was me cleaning my keyboard and accidently hitting enter
Quote from Rappa Z :Actually, CriticalDrift, that was me cleaning my keyboard and accidently hitting enter

if it was that easy to create words which would somehow make sense to people lol xD
But at least it's funnier then the boring German word of the year "Klimakatastrophe" (climatic disaster)

Which was only choosen because it's hip atm to talk about
climatic changes and climatic disasters everywhere day and night here.
lol... Glad to be a Canadian

American's now have w00t but we Canadian's got our Eh

Oh man, eh, since when is w00t a word
Quote from BBO@BSR :But at least it's funnier then the boring German word of the year "Klimakatastrophe" (climatic disaster)

Which was only choosen because it's hip atm to talk about
climatic changes and climatic disasters everywhere day and night here.

its hip to talk about climatic changes O.o... wow... i need to read up on the popular fads on diff cultures, you never know what you'll stumble upon!!!

Quote from Matt0snap :lol... Glad to be a Canadian

American's now have w00t but we Canadian's got our Eh

Oh man, eh, since when is w00t a word

lol did you hear the joke about how canadians got the name for their country?

they pulled letters out of a hat "C, eh, N, eh, D, eh" sorz for telling a lame joke xD btw i like your quote on your sig! =]
Quote from The Yahoo Site :
It's like saying "yay", the dictionary said.

W00T, a talking dictionary!
ZOMGROFLOL!!!!1111oneoneeleven
#24 - Rish
Quote from hrtburnout :At least I don't do the hula on youtube .

lol, as you can see, i dont either!
*hangs head in shame. "i was very drunk"
Quote from Rish :lol, as you can see, i dont either!
*hangs head in shame. "i was very drunk"

its all good... at least it wasnt as stupid as going on the middle of the street, lying down, and making street angels(that wasn't me btw it was my friend after downing a water bottle filled with vodka)

(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG