The online racing simulator
Fastest time over period of laps
Well, currently we only have fastest lap times. How about adding a feature on LFS-World for fastest 5 laps completed, 10 laps, 15, in increments in 5 up to 20. It would test whos the fastest over a period of time, and also a test of consistency.
#2 - X-Ter
I second that one
#3 - ajp71
Sounds like a good idea but I'd have said to go for longer times as well.
Or we could have who could do the fastest 1 hour race..but wait..that wouldnt make sense
#5 - Noccy
Dont see this as worth a day of the devs time.

Want to see who is fast on 1 lap..check Pb's
Want to see who is fast over 5/10/20laps..go spectate/drive a 5/10/20lap race. The guy who finishes first was fastest over that amount of laps

I'd rather see Scawen or Vic spending time fixing something silly like pitspeedlimit(aka let us drive 80kph instead of 79)
then have him spend a day on this.

In other words if it ever gets implemented i hope it wont happen before NOTHING ELSE can be improved anymore.

Just my opinion ofcourse
Quote from Noccy :Dont see this as worth a day of the devs time.

Want to see who is fast on 1 lap..check Pb's
Want to see who is fast over 5/10/20laps..go spectate/drive a 5/10/20lap race. The guy who finishes first was fastest over that amount of laps

I'd rather see Scawen or Vic spending time fixing something silly like pitspeedlimit(aka let us drive 80kph instead of 79)
then have him spend a day on this.

In other words if it ever gets implemented i hope it wont happen before NOTHING else can be improved anymore.

Just my opinion ofcourse

the pit speed now makes sense though. The speed limit is 80 kph, so if you go 80 kph you are over the speed limit.
#7 - Noccy
:P
i used the pitspeed thing only because i see it as something so minor it isnt worth fixing

So in America u get a fine when u drive 60mph in a zone marked by a 60mph sign? Thought u had to go faster then 60..aka 61 or higher to get a fine.
At least thats how it works in europe

Limit is 80..so u drive 80, 81 on the other hand is over the limit.

Doesnt matter but i cant see how doing 80 in a 80-zone can be speeding
#8 - ajp71
No the speed limit is taken as 80.0 kph in LFS. Just seeing 80 kph actually implies the speed limit is somewhere between 79.5 - 80.49 kph. This issue really isn't worth worrying about, those of us who use mph have to cope with driving at 49 mph anyway so whats the great deal? You know the safe speed is 79 kph so you drive at that?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG