The online racing simulator
Suggestions for Season 2
Hi Racers,

We're very interested to hear what sort of suggestions you have for the upcoming season 2 of the IGTC (which, by the way, is tentatively scheduled to start in February of next year). This can range from rule changes to whatever else comes to mind.

Please direct any and all commentary here. (I know we have a general suggestions thread, but this one will just be for Season 2 suggestions.)

Thanks!

edit: Banshee, I have and will read yours. Don't you worry. :P
- A LMS series style points system that rewards deeper into the finishing order would benefit IGTC 2-fold as I see it. A) It would add incentive to teams to stick it out, buy into the endurance aspect more. B) It would add to the Prestige of the Team Championship aspect of the IGT Championship. Core did exactly what they needed to do to win season 1 (kudos to them), but in-so-doing highlighted that the season could be won with some-what problematic minimal attendance. Possible bonus points awarded for leading a lap, most laps, highest positional gain could be reasonable.

-A tentative schedule (regardless of the actual % finality) would greatly be appreciated.
-Two Class Racing with the New LMP!!!! .... er... sadly... not yet?
Eagerly Anticipating Season 2,
|||Stu
I think there also ought to be a (small) bonus for completing every round.
Something a bit more generic, but for the winners of the season a render of the diffrent cups and winners car something small but sweet.
I don't know how the LMS points system works, but definitely more points to more drivers (not only the eight first ones).

Quote from DeadWolfBones :I think there also ought to be a (small) bonus for completing every round.

Indeed, bonus points are also a good idea even for people who finish at the back (example: 1 point for being at the start, 1 more point for finishing the race even last).
So at least you know you have not wasted time and efforts for nothing.

If possible, try to avoid the same racing dates as other major events like MoE and BOTT.
That wasn't down to us last season. Blame BoTT . A few bonus points is a good idea, i was considering more points for everyone about mid way through last season but obviously cant change something that important mid season.

2 Class racing has been an idea from last season and may well come but it depends a lot on the interest in the league from the community and the numbers entered.
Scedule would be nice, because we are starting to plan other series too and want to make sure we don´t plan on the same dates.
Sure, Kenn.

Tentative schedule is like so:

·Round 1, 23rd February
·Round 2, 29th March
·Round 3, 26th April
·Round 4, 31st May
·Round 5, 28th June
·Round 6, 26th July
·Round 7, 30th August
·Round 8, 27th September

Tracks and conditions TBA.

Hey Guys,

Just found something while testing the new patch the other day, should be good news for all of us.

As in real life, when you are out of gas, you can move the car forward using the starter motor with the car in 1rst gear. It's slow, but it should mean the end of DNF's due to out of gas.

It will be nice to be able to get back to the pits, even if it takes 5 minutes to do so. I think there were ~5-10 cars that suffered dnf's due to fuel this year (our own team included x2!).
Thanks for the heads up
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Sure, Kenn.

Tentative schedule is like so:

·Round 1, 23rd February
·Round 2, 29th March
·Round 3, 26th April
·Round 4, 31st May
·Round 5, 28th June
·Round 6, 26th July
·Round 7, 30th August
·Round 8, 27th September

Tracks and conditions TBA.

With our new Skill League system going live in early 2008, if you can confirm these dates and the tracks as soon as possible i will make sure ConeDodgers runs a league on the same track in the 2 weeks running upto the IGTC. That way your drivers can prictice in our league even though ours will be a sprint race.

We could also do the same for the BOTT dates.

Unlike all the other Leagues ours is an "arrive and drive" system so will not impact anyones dates and times.
Quote from birder :With our new Skill League system going live in early 2008, if you can confirm these dates and the tracks as soon as possible i will make sure ConeDodgers runs a league on the same track in the 2 weeks running upto the IGTC. That way your drivers can prictice in our league even though ours will be a sprint race.

We could also do the same for the BOTT dates.

Unlike all the other Leagues ours is an "arrive and drive" system so will not impact anyones dates and times.

Should be able to confirm tracks mid to late january with everything else.
Quote from BenjiMC :Should be able to confirm tracks mid to late january with everything else.

Thanks Ben
Hey Guys. I'd just like to thank everyone who's been involved in this series again, and wish them all a very happy holidays!

Is there any interest for the condition of wind to be changed from no wind to a low wind setting?

Also this topic IGTC could use a little cleaning of the moved threads.

Yup, wind will be determined by the conditions in the real life area. So if theres a hurricane in Jamaica... you get the picture. Obviously we wont use high wind, i haven't tested medium wind yet either.
Naming Conventions.

IGTC is aiming to be amoung the top tier of sim leagues, and it seems that real names are the way of the now/future. Thoughts?
can i race too ?
Hi, for the IGTC we race the GTR race cars and utilize many of the tracks only available to S2 drivers.

You need to get S2, get some experience racing the GTR's, and then you could probably join the IGTC.

Good Luck!
ok soon i'm gonna buy the license and practice a litle whit the new cars :P
Quote from srdsprinter :Naming Conventions.

IGTC is aiming to be amoung the top tier of sim leagues, and it seems that real names are the way of the now/future. Thoughts?

Agreed. But first the LFS names need to allow bigger names, as mine doesn't fit
Well yes we will use Real names in the format 11-B.Crooks so your names should fit. We are also going to add a distance milestone to ensure quality from the competitors. If we see competitors with obvious lack of experience then they may be removed form the league due to being a danger to everyone else.
Two classes would be an additional bonus for sure. Thanks for the tentative schedule. The driver name change should add to the realism. Great work so far guys, can't wait to get started.

S3R is more than willing to offer up a dedi-server for the new season.
About combos, will the same combos be used again, or new ones?

Fusion team is seriously thinking of joining the next season. So it would be good to have the combos sorted soon and the starttimes, so we can prepare
Tracks will be different this season. We're working hard to have the official schedule announced soon. Good to hear Fusion is interested!
How about disallowing a qualifying time for late/missing team confirmations. Just like missing the driver's meeting IRL.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG