The online racing simulator
only 1 player can connect, at time
I think this is frustrating u cant enter pits while someone is connecting u cant join a game cause someone is leaving, plus heaps of ppl lag out all the time due to un otimized net code
these are a few things id like to see get fixed asap
#2 - ajp71
Um actually I think Scawen was intending on implimenting a random disconnecting feature, 1 connect every 5 minutes and extra bandwidth hogging

There's no point in asking this, of course they're working on making the netcode better but unless you've actually seen a specific problem and know what your talking about you aren't going to magically tell the devs anything they don't already know.
then don't telepit!
#4 - Lible
Its like that, because the connecter`s computer gets confused.
Quote from seinfeld :...heaps of ppl lag out all the time due to un otimized net code...

LFS has the best netcode I have seen in a game/sim so far. Go and play GTR online to see what "un optimized" netcode looks/feels like.
#6 - ajp71
Quote from AK-Chester :LFS has the best netcode I have seen in a game/sim so far. Go and play GTR online to see what "un optimized" netcode looks/feels like.

I'd have said N2003s netcode is better, 42 cars and all running as stablaly as LFS with 20 (note N2003 can handle these mega grids on road courses as well as ovals) I've raced in 35+ car grids of GTP that have only decended into chaos because of the difficulty in getting nearly 30000 bhp of ground effect sportscars through the first lap cleanly, once into a race they're fine and at no point has server strength become a limiting factor.

Not to knock LFS though it does do all the nice extras such as skin downloads, setup sharing, statistics, voting very well and still feels very stable. As in just about every field the Papy engine is still the bench mark, GPLs net code still ain't bad. In comparsion to everything else though LFS is much closer to Papy than ISI have ever got. The rFactor mp demo had to have the most annoying interface ever made and the net code was awful, constantly lagging all over the place.
Would be nice to at least have an queue for joining if not possible having multiple new connections using one port, annoying to hit go repeatedly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG