The online racing simulator
FBM Speed
(24 posts, started )
FBM Speed
Hey All,

Just trying out the test patch some more...

I set a race with myself and 14 other AI and find they are WAY quicker than me down the straights?!
Anyone else found this? I don't think it's my lines out of the corners, they just seem to shoot past me on the straight?

Perhaps my gear changes are loosing me speed? So here is a question, when have you found it best to change gear in the FBM? At the first red light, or the last?

It could be my clutch thinking about it if it's slipping a little? But I believe i'm changing correctly, lift off, change gear, back on throttle?!

Could it just be my poor driving?! lol!

Any thoughts?

Rob
post a replay and we can check
#3 - ajp71
I'm not sure if the AI can change their sets but if they can you'l find the default set has way too much wing.
Quote :
post a replay and we can check

Will post one up after my next drive!

Rob
Quote from bealesracing :Hey All,

Just trying out the test patch some more...

I set a race with myself and 14 other AI and find they are WAY quicker than me down the straights?!
Anyone else found this? I don't think it's my lines out of the corners, they just seem to shoot past me on the straight?

Yep! Got the same impressions with "As"-Ai on Blackwood in the FBM. They where faster on the straight. Option "Ai uses player setup" was turned on.

Greets,
Warper
#6 - ajp71
I found the AI set on Pro ran at about my pace on Fe Club. I sat in the middle of a train of them, they didn't seem to interested in overtaking but amazingly didn't take me out either
#7 - Woz
I had some good races with the AI last night.

They are much faster and take a more aggressive line and are now always trying to push harder. They just drive far better.
From what I can tell, the default setup is designed to be as easy as possible to drive. Like Ajp says, lose some wing and maybe try adding a little more rear bar to tighten it up in the corners. Keep the fuel-level in mind too- that makes a big difference.

I'm not terribly experienced with LFS, and I haven't seriously had a go at setting the FBMW up yet, but after tweaking just a few little things I had to adjust the gear-ratios to keep it from over-revving. There is a lot more acceleration and top-end to be had than is available in the default setup.

Love,
Aero

ed: Oh, and if anyone knows off-hand, what is the power-band like for the FBMW?
I have the same experience. Could it be that the AI drivers get 5% more power than we do, to allow them to be more competitive? Or it could just be that they're simply very very good, in which case I say congrats to the developers!

With the new car on SO Chicane the AI drives at 1:08, while I'm still at 1:10.. I only drove 10 laps or so though with that car, so I know I can improve a lot, but it's still impressive by the AI!
you are maybe not driving aggressivly enough ? the car has REALLY good brakes and lots of grip. i didnt get much practice, but i got down into the 1:07's after only couple of races (and that's with a broken gas pedal) My ai can do 1:07's too
200kmh on default set on blackwood.
214km/h with lowered wings at end of BL straight.
Official site says the car has a top speed of 230kph with the right gearing.
yeah, thats the odd thing that I realised that even with low wing, the car definitely doesn't reach 230.
Have you tried it on oval?
Nope. I'll have a go of that soon
Is this car meant to be faster than XRT in curves but slower than it on straights? I had a race against AIs last night, they we're faster than me for cornering but I could easily overtake some on straight and I'm definely faster than them on Oval. XRT Top Speed in like 240 km/h if I remember correctly...
I suspect this may be down to incomplete undertray physics. Raising the ride height does not reduce drag. We may be stuck with the drag (and lift) of a low setup.
I got up to 220km/h on the oval in the FBM. I'm sure it could be done faster since I am not good at doing oval setups*.

I also did an oval race with 10 other AIs, and their best was 50.8. My best was 50.2 and I was mainly catching them (I had an off at the start) on the straights, so they aren't getting a speed boost on the oval, at least.

I gotta say though, the AI is fantastic. At one point, I was side by side with an AI where if it had blindly followed the line it would've driven me into the wall, but it moved over and gave me room.

*My setup was no downforce, high pressure tires, with the right side cambered at -2 and the left side cambered at +0.5 and with no toe in/toe out.
I initially found the AI were owning me in the XFG, then I realised I was carrying 40% fuel while they had change down to 7%, the clever blighters!
Quote from P1lot :
I initially found the AI were owning me in the XFG, then I realised I was carrying 40% fuel while they had change down to 7%, the clever blighters!

doh!

Just realised this is what was happening to me too! I was carrying much more fuel making me slower down the straights! Lowered the amount of fuel and hey presto!

Seriouslty though, the AI are pretty darn good They are generally pretty quick and very consistant!

Rob
Quote from bealesracing :doh!

Just realised this is what was happening to me too! I was carrying much more fuel making me slower down the straights! Lowered the amount of fuel and hey presto!

Seriouslty though, the AI are pretty darn good They are generally pretty quick and very consistant!

Rob

The new AI is great imo. of course it still does crash you, but it`s more aware of you then before, it usually brakes and tries to turn away from me if I crash in front of them. And they are pretty fast, of course with best setup and nice driving you usually is a 1-2 second(s) faster than them on the laps, but they are fast Remember to have "AI use players setups" enabled, use good setups and it will be faster
nice ai is so great i love it!!

FBM Speed
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG