The online racing simulator
South City Chicane Route
(15 posts, started )
South City Chicane Route
For those of you who already have X30 installed, what's Chicane Route like? What sort of laptimes can you do, in the FBM in particular?

Could someone please post a screenshot of the layout map? I'm having trouble visualizing exactly which parts of the other South City layouts it uses. Am I correct in assuming that it uses only existing South City areas and that there are no new sections?

In your opinion, is it better in Standard or Reversed?

Also screenshots of any updated textures, new buildings, new armco, new kerbs, anything else that is new would be greatly apprecated.
It's SO Long Rev., but instead of taking the hairpin left half-way around the lap you turn right and through the SO Classic chicane. Couple of photos of that junction included in the attachments if you're not sure where I mean.

No new sections of track. IMO it'll be easier reversed because that nightmare downhill-uphill-double-right-hander from SO Long Rev. is a total softy in the other direction.
Attached images
scc1.jpg
scc2.jpg
scc3.jpg
scc4.jpg
scc5.jpg
scc6.jpg
scc7.jpg
Now that i can see the way it really looks I realize, that is ggoing to be one intense section comming from the downhill.
Quote from legoflamb :Now that i can see the way it really looks I realize, that is ggoing to be one intense section comming from the downhill.

I was just going to post the same thing.

Looks like a great combo. I'm giddy with anticipation for running this circuit with a full grid of Formula BMWs.
TBH I don't think that section will be too much trouble. There's quite a slow corner at the top of the hill and another slow one at the bottom - it won't be as dangerous trying to carry speed all the way to the chicane like it is on SO Classic Rev. I don't think there'll be any overtaking there either because there's no alternative line you can take to get a positional advantage before going into the chicane.
Quote from thisnameistaken :TBH I don't think that section will be too much trouble. There's quite a slow corner at the top of the hill and another slow one at the bottom - it won't be as dangerous trying to carry speed all the way to the chicane like it is on SO Classic Rev. I don't think there'll be any overtaking there either because there's no alternative line you can take to get a positional advantage before going into the chicane.

I take it you were not one of those taking part in the 34 car grid races at Redline with the FBM. I only made 2 passes into that section, both caused by cars being slow in the previous turn, but you can get alongside people if they make a mistake. It is actually quite a tricky section, because its got some very awkward bumps. The FBM is a lot less forgiving on bumps than the FOX, it doesn't have as much power but its hard to get back from a slide.

oh and whats Formula BMW without a pile-up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGrUAWYGYmc
Kev, the combo is really fun, but somehow people are finding like... 3 seconds a lap on me somewhere!

I'm happy though that this combo is finally here, seeing I had a desire for it... about 18 months ago
Rev combination is great, it has 2 great places for overtaking and that "chicane". I think this track will be really used in leagues now
Quote from dawesdust_12 :but somehow people are finding like... 3 seconds a lap on me somewhere!

Live for Speed gets more realistic with every patch, doesn't it
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I take it you were not one of those taking part in the 34 car grid races at Redline with the FBM. I only made 2 passes into that section, both caused by cars being slow in the previous turn, but you can get alongside people if they make a mistake. It is actually quite a tricky section, because its got some very awkward bumps. The FBM is a lot less forgiving on bumps than the FOX, it doesn't have as much power but its hard to get back from a slide.

oh and whats Formula BMW without a pile-up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGrUAWYGYmc

What server is that ?
#12 - Bee
Quote from Lateralus :For those of you who already have X30 installed, what's Chicane Route like? What sort of laptimes can you do, in the FBM in particular?

I haven`t tested on this track, so much. I visited an online server, around midnigth and saw that the guys there, did very low 1.07.xx times in the front.

The new AI`s did 1.08.xx, and they easily beats me

From this, one can predict a WR around 1.05.xx, maby even in the 1.04.xx`s
I reckon high 1:05, or very low 1:06
I just get high 1.09

It is with a default set tough, I suck at making my own sets.

South City Chicane Route
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG