The online racing simulator
View really shakey with bumps (X30)
Where do you ask specific questions? There's 400 threads about the patch, and every one is updated with 300 posts every 15 minutes!

Anyone else think the view shaking from the bumps is strange? I can't drive. It looks like poor framerate to me (mine locked at steady never-moving 50 FPS...). It is unbelievable how much the view shakes so that you can't even see. Is there a setting I'm missing for this? LFS use to have the car graphics bouncing up and down, but now the view outward is shaking like crazy.

Impossible to drive. Can't even evaluate anything else because I can't make it past the first corner. I can't see anything.
Just turn off 1g Head Tilt (set to 0) in the View options.
put the option of the head movement to 0?.... worked for me
Ok, doh! In my desperation, I couldn't think straight. I had never seen the screen shaking like that. I pulled up both X30 and X10 and set all the sliders the same. The view in relation to the car interior is shaking and moving now instead of the eye point of view up on the track. That was very distracting.
I personally like it, specially on SO, but it's anyones choice
i like shaking view, adds to immersion.
Quote from Racer556 :I personally like it, specially on SO, but it's anyones choice

Same, i was really impressed with it actually
Quote from Racer556 :I personally like it, specially on SO, but it's anyones choice

Setting it to .75 seems to look more natural.

I have driven over the apex "bumps" at full speed at real racetrack, and I can attest they rattle your whole body.
yeah i like the rattling it makes the racing more intense. i almost brace myself for the bumpy areas .
#10 - JTbo
Yes, very shaky, hard to see, but maybe somewhat real too if you drive those silly cars

Don't know about street cars then, maybe good to turn off or tone down a bit for those
Since when does you eyeballs shake all around when you hit bumps. Your point of view, up ahead of the track at where you are looking, shouldn't shake around. It would make everyday ordinary life nearly impossible to deal with if your point of view was that shakey.

The interior of the cars, what would be in your peripheral vision if sitting in a real car, is what would be shaking and jolting around. Pay attention tomorrow when you are driving to work, school, where ever, to where your eyes are focused when you hit a bump. Notice that what you are looking and focusing on isn't moving around at all. It's you head getting tossed around, yes. But where you are focused doesn't get shaken like that.

This has been talked about before, quite a while ago I remember.

Not real one bit. But I've got it fixed so it is realistic now .
#12 - JTbo
I think it is lot different when you sit 5cm from ground on hard plastic in a car that has suspension travel of 4cm, for such that is real, not for road cars indeed. But it is good that it is adjustable so we can choose how loose we want to our eyeballs to be
#13 - aoun
i reckon it needs to be more shakey!
A function like that should not be possible to configure... !!
It should be equal for everyone...
Set the verticle 1g thingy to about .12 then teh car will shake but the view will not.
Is this a new feature, or has the amount of head shake just been increased since X10?
Quote from JTbo :I think it is lot different when you sit 5cm from ground on hard plastic in a car that has suspension travel of 4cm, for such that is real, not for road cars indeed. But it is good that it is adjustable so we can choose how loose we want to our eyeballs to be

Not really. You sit low, but your brain and eyes still automatically compensate for bumps when you are looking ahead. You notice the bumps in your arms and arse, but not the view really. Your head probably shakes/moves, but you never notice the bumps visually, except by the relative movement of the cockpit.

Vibrations (flat spots, punctures) could well be a different matter.
In sims I find the view shake to distract from my ability to 'read' what the car is doing. I tend to settle for little or no shake. Its a cool effect that may add immersion but it makes it harder for me to find out where I am in relation to crashing or spinning out.
#19 - JTbo
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :In sims I find the view shake to distract from my ability to 'read' what the car is doing. I tend to settle for little or no shake. Its a cool effect that may add immersion but it makes it harder for me to find out where I am in relation to crashing or spinning out.

In new car I can't tell at all where apex is at T4, actually I can't see bloody corner at all as rumble strip shakes view so badly that my eyes loose focus to screen, so I drive by questimate to that corner and few others

F1 drivers have commented that it is rather impossible to see signs at Brazil main straight because of bumps, don't know how this relates to anything really, but I guess when bumping enough hard, compensation is just not enogh
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :In sims I find the view shake to distract from my ability to 'read' what the car is doing. I tend to settle for little or no shake. Its a cool effect that may add immersion but it makes it harder for me to find out where I am in relation to crashing or spinning out.

It just gave me a head ache until I turned down the first slider in the options. I still can't believe that IRL in a race car, your view would be that shakey.

I take Tristan's view (no pun intended) here as the real truth, since he has the experience in an open wheeled race car. Thanks for that, Tristan. All else would be just speculation in discussing in relation to driving a racecar. Unless you all also have experience as well
#21 - JTbo
Quote from mrodgers :It just gave me a head ache until I turned down the first slider in the options. I still can't believe that IRL in a race car, your view would be that shakey.

I take Tristan's view (no pun intended) here as the real truth, since he has the experience in an open wheeled race car. Thanks for that, Tristan. All else would be just speculation in discussing in relation to driving a racecar. Unless you all also have experience as well

Volvo on track does count?

Got bit hard to see when I cutted bit too much of chicane and car kind of jumped from kerb, unluckily there track surface gets good bit lower after chicane and with my helmet head was on roof, now landing was real painful and it was bit hard to see there as my spine did hurt so bad that all I did see was stars for good part of second.

But no problems seeing shaky otherwise on track
Quote from JTbo :Volvo on track does count?

Got bit hard to see when I cutted bit too much of chicane and car kind of jumped from kerb, unluckily there track surface gets good bit lower after chicane and with my helmet head was on roof, now landing was real painful and it was bit hard to see there as my spine did hurt so bad that all I did see was stars for good part of second.

But no problems seeing shaky otherwise on track

JT, I can certainly understand difficulty seeing if you are bouncing your head off of the structure of the car Just the car jolting around from bumps and your head moving around from the car bumping around won't make your eye's viewpoint shake around. Unless you have very loose eyeballs or these....

#23 - JTbo
Oi, you found my eyeballs, was wondering where I lost them
Quote from traxxion :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRGdL9WkQaQ

How about now?

Camera shake, I'm not exactly looking in first person there. Big difference in watching a video with a camera mounted in the cockpit than looking through your own eyes while driving. Lense of a camera has a specific focal point in no relation to what it is viewing where your eyes have a focal point specific to what you are looking at and the brain will keep the image steady.

So, LFS mimics driving while viewing through a fixed camera lense very nicely

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG